Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default TMI? Colostrum at 8 months pregnant??

Isn't this early?? I was at a kids' museum today and I felt a burning sensation in my breasts that I haven't felt in about 4 years!! I didn't leak enough to have it show up in my bra, but I have a kind of "milky" smell. I'm only 32 weeks...isn't this kind of early for colostrum??
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

I have no idea; I'm a first-timer. But we're due about the same time and I've been having that burning feeling as well. I wondered if it was milk-related...so I'll be watching this thread!
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

I had it from 6 or 7 months. Not lots but def ended up a bit, um, crusty.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

The more children you have, the earlier and earlier it happens. With my babe #3 it was at about 7 months. By the time I hit 40 weeks I was having to wear nursing pads because I was leaking milk!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I started producing at around 27 weeks but it isn't very much.

I've had crusty spots the size of erasers dead center on the insides of my bras for a couple weeks now. Right after a workout the other day some orange "goo" leaked out of the right nipple...and that was at 29wks. This is my first pg to make it this far, but my 6th pg overall. I have no idea if that has anything to do w/ it, but I'm def gearing up for milk production.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    The more children you have, the earlier and earlier it happens. With my babe #3 it was at about 7 months. By the time I hit 40 weeks I was having to wear nursing pads because I was leaking milk!
    this is interesting. with DS (got to 38 wks b4 he came out) i had no leaking whatsoever, even tho i was totally preparing for it. now i totally wonder what it will be like this time around, especially now that i'll have recently weaned DS.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It happened to me in previous pregnancies, but not this one. I think that might be because I only stopped breastfeeding DS in the middle of March. All systems were already working, I think.

I had that around week 34 to week 40. I think it is pretty normal

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I had that around week 34 to week 40. I think it is pretty normal
    I don't remember what specific week, but I think I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant when mine came in. Someone (not sure if it's a credible source or not) told me it's a good sign and milk production shouldn't be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast