Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Question about ignoring a member...

How do i put a member here on my "ignore" list? And if I do this, will that person be notified in some way? Is there some way to avoid the member knowing that I"ve ignored them so as not to hurt feelings or ruffle feathers?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I don't think there's a way for someone else to know you're ignoring them. You could try ignoring a friend to test it out.

To put someone on your ignore list, you can either:

1. Click the username to open the user's profile. Right under their name you'll see User Lists > Add to Ignore List. Once you've added someone to your ignore list, that option will change to Remove from Ignore List.

2. Go to your User CP. Under the Settings & Options heading on the left you'll see Edit Ignore List. Type in the names (one at a time) of users you want to add to your ignore list.
    Last edited by missym; 09-12-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thank you for your quick response.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Will you still receive PM's from an ignored member?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What does it hide if you ignore someone?
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

You can't see their posts. It shows the box with a tiny note saying you are ignoring that member.

Catherine

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It hides their posts. Their post entry is there, but you don't see what they've posted, it says "this person is on your ignore list." Or something like that.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

My understanding is that if someone on your ignore list tries to send you a PM, they'll get an error message. I haven't tested this, but that's how it's supposed to work.

When a user on your ignore list posts a message, you'll see an empty post with their name on it. There will be a View Post link to click just in case you can't stand the suspense. So if there were a thread about a neutral subject and you wanted to see their response, you could still do so.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was just curious..... didn't know there was such a thing.
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It just hides the message with a link to open if you so choose. I hide a couple of people, because of PMs received that I just don't wish to receive. I am certain that they can't send PMs which is the main reason I hide them in the first place. I got an email once from someone who had tried to send me a PM and not been able to. Added them to blocked list on email and problem solved.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast