Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default what do you think about Groovy Girls?

Do your DDs like to play with them? Collect them? I think they are pretty cute but wonder if they get much play.
    K

One of my nieces really loved playing with them when she was approaching the tweens and into that time. She played with them quite a bit. Her sister didn't really care for them. I guess it depends on your child's play style.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have been given a couple. My 4.5 yos have no interest in them, but they don't play with many dolls in general. Maybe the accessories would help?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is very interested in them! She has a lot of accessories and a doll house that works for them (kidcraft), so she has been playing with them for seven years now! They also get a lot of use when friends come over. I bought a bunch of stuff from marshalls for cheap - car, scooter, clothes, doll house furniture..

I also bought a bunch of American Girl stuff for her, and she couldn't care less about that! I think it varies from kid to kid, but I have learned my lesson. I won't invest a lot into something until I'm sure she will be interested!

I don't see them in as many places as I use to, I'm wondering if they aren't as cool as they once were. I like the idea of them but DD is still too young for them. If its a choice between those and Barbies, GG win hands down IMO.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My daughter received one when she turned four and has played with the doll once. She is now six.
    I think they are pretty cute though.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD got 2 when she was 3yo. She's 7 now and I can count in 1 hand how many times she's played with them. I like it more than she does.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My daughters play with the cloth ones occasionally. The younger one more so than the older one. They both play with the smaller bendable plastic ones quite a bit more. Unfortunately, they seem to have discontinued the smaller ones because my youngest loves them.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Like the PP, *I* love them.

My older DD had a couple, but never really played with them and so I stopped getting them. Last year around the holidays I saw a Girl Scout themed one and *had* to buy it for older DD and got younger DD a mermaid GG doll. Well, younger DD loves them. She plays with them quite often as does her little friend who comes over for playdates.

So like anything, it depends on the kid.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Like the PP, *I* love them.
    I love them too. I had bought a few for my niece before my oldest was born so I already knew about them. She had a doll and scooter waiting for her when she was born.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast