zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default DD is peeling off diaper, ditching over side and peeing in crib!

Here is our new MO- we take off our pants/skirt/bottoms, strip off our dipe (wet or dry) and throw it over the side. Then we dance and/or pee on all of our bedding in our crib! Repeat at least 1x per day!!!!

Is she saying she wants to be potty trained or what?!! She doesn't want to wear a pull-up. Won't sit on the potty. She does watch us flush and likes to help flush.......

Suggestions?!!

How old is your DD? Both of mine went through this delightful phase. Short of duck taping it on, there's not much you can do. Hou could put her in zip up pjs that are turned around so the zipper is in back or do the same with sleepsacks. Mine just had to grow out of this. Formy dc it was not a sign of pt readiness and it doesn't really sound like a sign for yours yet either. Hang in there. This too shall pass.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pretty normal phase. The worst is when they do #2 instead of/ in addition to #1. That happened about 4 times last year, a bit after he turned 2. My experience is like pp's.

Beth

Some wise mommy on this board told me "that's what duct tape is for". It changed our lives. It was definitely a phase. I walked into a scene once that made me just want to close the door and go and wait for the hazmat team outside.

And sadly, I was hoping it meant they (well, mostly D was the culprit) was ready for potty training. It definitely was NOT. I have two potties, a potty seat, potty training videos and books, a stool to make it easier for them to get to the sink, Hanna training pants...and they are now getting ready to move from size 3 to size 4 diapers. Oh well!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Pretty normal phase. The worst is when they do #2 instead of/ in addition to #1. That happened about 4 times last year, a bit after he turned 2. My experience is like pp's.

Beth
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 did that at 16 mos. old and she was no where near close to being potty trained. We were trying Huggies Snug N Dry diapers and apparently she'd remove them the minute they got wet. We switched to Seventh Generation and she stopped taking off the diaper again.

You could also try duct tape.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Try cheap and easy first... put the diaper on backwards, put the bottoms on backwards (if they are not elastic waist), put baby in a sleeper on backwards. Do any combination of the above at the same time.

DS1 does often take off his diaper during nap, but putting him to bed with his bottoms on usually prevents him from doing so. It's not that he is unable to take off his bottoms himself and then get to the diaper, he just doesn't usually bother if he has that extra layer on.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks ladies- I am praying that we don't have an episode with #2 in this fashion!

DD is about 32 mos (almost 2.75 yrs) and I will be digging around for that duct tape!

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS2 has done this in the past. We would go check on him at night and he's totally naked and sleeping in pee. Bleah!

Today...1,000 times worse. Nap time. #2. "Painting." And I was having a bad day before this.

Oh yeah...and he never napped so he's in a swimmingly good mood right now.

Sigh.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)