Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do your twins have their "own" clothes, even if you dress them alike?

I'm just wondering what others do. For us, it's just a big jumble. But I'm starting to wonder if I should give them their "own" clothes. We have two dressers, so it wouldn't actually be that hard, although it wouls be a pain. We dress the girls identically sometimes, coordinating most of the time (same outfit-different colors; or very similar outfits-same colors), and completely differently usually only if DH is doing the dressing What do you all do?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I did alot of matching or very similar clothing (from the same line at Gymbo, jeans and same style of top, etc) at the age your girls are now.

I started picking out particular style graphic tees when their personality differences showed more and more. Especially when I discovered Mini-Boden, lol. My boys have always been so different, I was able to start find things that fit their personalities better.

Then after a while I had to buy separate clothes, (but would get 2 of them on some things ) because of their size difference.

My DH would never get the personality clothing, for example the blue shirt with the big yellow stitched lightening bolt goes with our very high spirited son. I would die when he would take them to pre-school, I would pick them up and reg. sized twin would have on a shirt that came down to his lower hips while my super tall twin would be wearing a top too small for him (plus he has a long torso) and look like he was wearing a belly shirt.

I think its up to you and if you start to see some things that fit their individually personalities better, or if you see something that make you think of 'twin A', another things that makes you think of 'twin B', kwim?

Good luck & have fun!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use the big jumble method here

There are a *few* items that belong to one twin or the other. They stay in the big jumble but the other sister doesn't usually ask to wear that item. It is mostly a couple fave pair of pjs, a dress, and a couple t-shirts. everything else is mostly interchangeable. When they ask for their own stuff, I will let them have it, they just haven't asked yet!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Big jumble here. We don't often dress them alike, but sometimes they are coordinating (diff. color HA playdresses, for example). I have a very few items with their first initials, so those obviously belong to one or the other, but that's about it! I'm thankful that they are both the same size within a few ounces of each other.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Labs View Post
    Big jumble here. We don't often dress them alike, but sometimes they are coordinating (diff. color HA playdresses, for example). I have a very few items with their first initials, so those obviously belong to one or the other, but that's about it! I'm thankful that they are both the same size within a few ounces of each other.
    Oh my, if I had girls, I would have gone thru a massive amount of HA playdresses by now, lol!

Yes, be thankful they are so close in size, I hope yours stay that way. At 1 yr N was 50weight/50height, J was 50weight/75height. Even though they were only 2 oz difference at birth, changing their clothes in the NICU we could tell they had different body types.
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's funny, but I've never even thought of separating their clothes. My boys look nothing alike, but are the same size so I generally just buy two of everything and hang them all together.
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My twins are boy/girl and so obviously they have their own sets of clothes but they share pjs. It didn't start out that way but Greenbean inherited so many pjs from his brothers that there was easily enough for the both of them. So, Sisi has a couple pairs of pink footy jammies and they just get mixed in with Greenbean's pjs. Sometimes Sisi chooses the truck and dinosaur jammies and sometimes Greenbean goes for the pink hearts.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Big jumble here too. I can't even imagine having separate clothes for the girls...oh the fights that would ensue!!!

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

what about underwear? i don't have twins, but i have 2 dd's who wear the same size underwear and i was just wondering how others with same sex twins or dc close in age, tell their underwear apart.

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    what about underwear? i don't have twins, but i have 2 dd's who wear the same size underwear and i was just wondering how others with same sex twins or dc close in age, tell their underwear apart.
    My girls' "underwear" is disposable, and made by Huggies. They are still in dipes. But that's a good point, I never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Big jumble here too. I can't even imagine having separate clothes for the girls...oh the fights that would ensue!!!
    Occasionally they will decide as I'm dressing them that they want to wear THIS shirt, not THAT shirt, even if the shirts are identical. And of course once one decides on a shirt, the other one has to have THAT shirt. Just because. It can also happen with sippy cups and toys (why one Mr. Potatohead is superior over another, I'll never know!) So I was thinking it might prevent arguing over clothes if they had their "own". Of course I realize now I'd have to label all of their clothes which would be kind of a PITA. I think i'll keep it all in a jumble for now.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast