Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Having girls is probably different than boys. My boys are too young to care but even the older boys don't really care about what they wear. I do buy some matching outfits for fun and for pictures and outings where I want to be able to see them both right away. Otherwise they wear hand-me-downs and right now anything I can find that is clean!

I do try to find outfits where they might be the same pattern but one is in red and the other blue, that type of thing. My boys don't look alike though and I do want them to have their own identities. They will always be the "twins" but they are different kids. So it varies, event to event, day to day.

If I had girls it might be different though. Girls tend to care more about what they wear and there seems to be more competition. Shoot my boys I don't think, would even care if they went out without clothes!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09!

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's a big jumble, and we're reaching the stage where both want the same thing sometimes... Fortunately, there's enough else to choose from that everyone eventually gets dressed...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

Big jumble here too. We usually do coordinating or alike. So far they're young enough that they don't care who wears what. My struggle now is do I separate the clothing now that we have them in their own rooms. They each have a dresser ( one is larger though) and closet in their room. I can hardly keep up with putting all the laundry away as it is...don't think I'm ready to separate all of it too! And I'm also wondering what will happen when they are potty trained. All of their underpants are the same size...how would I keep track. They will both want to wear Dora for sure...

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have mostly joint items. There are a couple of outfits that they picked out themselves (usually just the same in 2 colors) so those go to the specified owner. Beyond that, it's all a big stash. It's occurred to me that I should really let them have their own shoes, but that would require too much labeling and their feet, like nearly everything about them, are visibly identical. Sharing underwear doesn't bother me in the slightest, so that's all in a big basket too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    It's occurred to me that I should really let them have their own shoes, but that would require too much labeling and their feet, like nearly everything about them, are visibly identical.
    I have to let them have their own shoes, because oddly, S has feet a full size bigger than D! Just all of a sudden, hers grew, but D's stayed dainty.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I have to let them have their own shoes, because oddly, S has feet a full size bigger than D! Just all of a sudden, hers grew, but D's stayed dainty.
    You know, I've noticed when browsing twin lots on ebay that a lot of times the clothing is all the same size but the shoes are one off. Interesting.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My girls share shoes and undies also. Except a couple pairs of shoes when they have picked out different styles.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    You know, I've noticed when browsing twin lots on ebay that a lot of times the clothing is all the same size but the shoes are one off. Interesting.
    My boys are the same sized clothing, but A's feet are 1 size bigger.
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmmm. Same shoe sizes here. But, different shoes (same style, different colors). And they do NOT wear one another's shoes. (They're adamant about that!)
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2