Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Have you seen these "Sweaty Bands" ??

A little girl on my daughter's soccer team wears one to every practice
    and game. The Sweaty Bands are adorable!!

I finally asked the mom about them at our last practice and she told
    me about this website.

So cute!!

http://www.sweatybands.com/
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

What are they made of?

very cute!!!!
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    very cute!!!!
    these are cute! what makes them non-slip? i have several "non-slip" bands that ALWAYS slip when i wear them. i'm on the search for a true non-slip band...lmk if you get one!

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought several of thse (between 2 orders) when this thread first started. I don't have any stores that sell them near me, so ordering was my only option. I received the orders in 3 days (they are in Ohio I am in AZ). As a pp mentioned there is a velvet type backing that helps keep the band from slipping. I am also guessing that part of the design itself helps (feels tighter on top). These are nothing like the goody non slip ones. Anyway, I have been impressed with how well they have stayed. The thinner (1 inch) ones I have slept in and they have stayed on all night (didn't have the same results with the thicker ones). I have bought several of the mystery bag ones for $7 (minus whatever discount I find), and they have all been cute too.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hmmm, well, I used mine today for stroller class. It is really cute and for the most part it stayed on for me, but it still started slipping, so I had to re-do it after 1 hr of class. I wore my hair in a ponytail and was using it to keep the hair out of my face. I think they are cute, but waaaay overpriced. I looked at it, and if you are handy with your sewing machine, you could TOTALLY make these. It is basically whatever ribbon you like, backed with velvet ribbon. Then about 3-4 inches of regular black elastic. It is the best, "non-slip" hairband I have found so far, but still not 100% non-slip for my situation.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Hmmm, well, I used mine today for stroller class. It is really cute and for the most part it stayed on for me, but it still started slipping, so I had to re-do it after 1 hr of class. I wore my hair in a ponytail and was using it to keep the hair out of my face. I think they are cute, but waaaay overpriced. I looked at it, and if you are handy with your sewing machine, you could TOTALLY make these. It is basically whatever ribbon you like, backed with velvet ribbon. Then about 3-4 inches of regular black elastic. It is the best, "non-slip" hairband I have found so far, but still not 100% non-slip for my situation.
    Thanks for your review! I wonder if these are the same concept? http://www.etsy.com/listing/55232544...and-sparkle-up

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

The esty ones look very similar.

Yes, they are pricey, but they work far, far better than anything I or my daughter have ever used. They aren't perfect, but our hair is telfon-like, no joke.

I have never in her 8 years had any type of headband last for longer than 5 minutes in her hair, I've tried EVERY type imaginable (elastic, rubbery elastic, plastic with teeth, wide plastic with teeth, rubbery and on and on).

She's worn a sweatyband for the past three days - including soccer. For us, the only way they could stay more, is if you used glue.

I'm probably going to make a few of my own.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Thanks for your review! I wonder if these are the same concept? http://www.etsy.com/listing/55232544...and-sparkle-up
    Those look nice. I really need something to keep the wispies away. They seriously get in the way of my vision when it's windy. I'd have to use it while my hair was in a ponytail b/c there's no way *any* headband would keep stay on my hair by itself.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

so how much are they in b &m stores?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast