Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Smile Sweaty Bands

I have three of these and love them! I have very fine short hair and they stay put. I wear them to Jazzercise and have no problem. I prefer the thin ones because my hair is so thin. Several of the instructors put their hair in a ponytail and then use the sweaty bands to keep any stragglers off their face.

My Jazzercise location puts in orders on a regular basis. The price I paid for the ones I ordered through the class was significantly less than the website. You can find them in the stores listed; however, the selection tends to be very limited. I bought one from the running store and they only had about 4 to choose from.

The backs of the bands are made of a velvet material which keeps them from slipping. I have one with a white background that gets pretty grungy looking but I just throw it in the washer.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh thanks for this thread. I apparently have a Fleet Feet right around the corner so I'm going to go check them out tomorrow!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amdrees View Post
    Several of the instructors put their hair in a ponytail and then use the sweaty bands to keep any stragglers off their face.

I just bought one for my daughter for soccer. She wears her hair in
    a ponytail and uses the sweaty band to keep the wispies off her face.
    The sweaty band has been AWESOME!!! It doesn't slip or fall off!
    This thing is great!!!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just got one yesterday! Haven't tried it yet, I got a thin one and will wear it during stroller class. I wear my hair up in a pony tail, but have wispies (or my DH likes to call them crazy cat whiskers) sticking out all over the place. I hope it works and doesn't slingshot off of my head.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Anyone else love the music on their website???

We need a Co-op.... Pretty please??
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Those are cute!

I can't help it though...when I saw the title I immediately thought of that Saturday Night Live sketch with Alec Baldwin...the Shwetey Balls

they are really cute though!

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OMG...I cringed at the price online when i first saw this post a week ago...i finally thought about them again and looked at stores that may have them...there are two, one being the yoga studio i go to and another about 10min away! i can't wait to try one...hoping the price is a bit less than online!
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    very cute!!!!
    these are cute! what makes them non-slip? i have several "non-slip" bands that ALWAYS slip when i wear them. i'm on the search for a true non-slip band...lmk if you get one!

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought several of thse (between 2 orders) when this thread first started. I don't have any stores that sell them near me, so ordering was my only option. I received the orders in 3 days (they are in Ohio I am in AZ). As a pp mentioned there is a velvet type backing that helps keep the band from slipping. I am also guessing that part of the design itself helps (feels tighter on top). These are nothing like the goody non slip ones. Anyway, I have been impressed with how well they have stayed. The thinner (1 inch) ones I have slept in and they have stayed on all night (didn't have the same results with the thicker ones). I have bought several of the mystery bag ones for $7 (minus whatever discount I find), and they have all been cute too.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hmmm, well, I used mine today for stroller class. It is really cute and for the most part it stayed on for me, but it still started slipping, so I had to re-do it after 1 hr of class. I wore my hair in a ponytail and was using it to keep the hair out of my face. I think they are cute, but waaaay overpriced. I looked at it, and if you are handy with your sewing machine, you could TOTALLY make these. It is basically whatever ribbon you like, backed with velvet ribbon. Then about 3-4 inches of regular black elastic. It is the best, "non-slip" hairband I have found so far, but still not 100% non-slip for my situation.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast