Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you have a cut-off date for sex in the third tri?

I know at the very end, sex can bring on labor. Anyone know when exactly that is? My older two arrived ahead of schedule and my c-section is at 38 1/2 weeks, and I really don't want to go before then because it's Halloween. Would you stop before 34 weeks, 35 weeks, etc.?
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Good question! I've been wondering the same thing, how long people do it up into the 3rd tri. I'm at 36 weeks, and don't want to bring on early labor, either... guess I could ask my doctor what's reasonable. You could post a poll in the Lounge and see how people respond.

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

go til the end..when that baby is not coming out, you'll be doing all sorts of things to try to get him/her to leave your womb!!! plus that would be a major drought for dh since you also have to wait 6 week postpartum.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you specifically don't want a baby Oct 31 then I'd say no nookie Oct 30. Other than that, if you're not at risk for preterm labor, I'd just do it as much as you like and let nature take its course.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

When I was pg, my doctor said we could keep doing the deed until the very end and that sex wouldn't start labor (in a normal pg) unless that baby was fully baked.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

OK, thanks. I'm scheduled at 38 1/2 weeks so I won't have to worry about begging to get the baby out late...will definitely avoid Halloween-eve sex, though!!

(And not that it's so much fun lately--it gets quick comical when you've got a giant watermelon between your bodies!!)
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The semen acts as a prostaglandin to ripen the cervix (same sort of thing as a Cervidil type drug), the orgasm can cause contractions. No induction thing is going to work till it's time and sex is more of a "primer" than an "inducer". I had no cut off at all.

Beth

By my 39th week, I was ready for that baby to come on out and willing to do anything. DH and I....made several attempts to encourage DD to come out on the evenings before my labor. 2 days after we gave up trying that method, DD just made her own way out.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't have a cutoff because we weren't allowed to for 15 weeks during my pregnancy. Not to mention the '10 weeks' afterward that I want to be off limits. I have to be nice to the poor man. Am I the only one who HATES 3rd tri sex though? So freaking uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I didn't have a cutoff because we weren't allowed to for 15 weeks during my pregnancy. Not to mention the '10 weeks' afterward that I want to be off limits. I have to be nice to the poor man. Am I the only one who HATES 3rd tri sex though? So freaking uncomfortable.
    Nope, you aren't. I hated every second of it. I just wanted to lay very still and have no one touch me since everything hurt and I felt gross (so not one of those women who feels beautiful when she is 9 months preggers)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast