Default Upgrading from Calin?

Amaya (4.25) is obsessed with dressing her dolls, but it is difficult to find clothes that fit (we actually have Tidoo, same size) and I don't want to invest in a bunch of $20 outfits if we are going to be trading her in soon. Where do we go from here? I have seen lots of clothes for AG size dolls, but am guessing we might want to grow into those later. Ideally would like to find a doll that we don't have to spend big bucks to dress. Considering the Corolle toddler size dolls but concerned that we will be limited to Corolle clothes. Any ideas?
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

the corolle 14" baby dolls can where bitty baby clothes-- they aren't any cheaper than the corolle clothes really but they typically come with a bunch of pieces -- like an "outfit" for $24 (with shoes, hat/hair accesory, dress/or pants/shirt, and a toy and a tiny book)--so to me they seem like a better value.

the clothes might seem a little big, but it gives you more to choose from . we have "baby emma" the hard bodied potty doll and a bebe do (older but there is a new version now someoen was mentioning in an earlier thread) and they can both wear bitty clothes if you aren't super fussy about fit.

are you looking for a "non-baby" doll?

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post

are you looking for a "non-baby" doll?
    Thanks. Definitely want hair and cute girly clothes. I should have been more specific.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

Default Les Cheries

If you are searching for a " girl" doll rather than a "baby" you might like the Corolle Les Cheries. They are targeted at 4-5 year old girls. They are less expensive than the American Girl dolls and I personally think they are prettier than the AG dolls. However, they are smaller than the AG dolls so clothes may be harder to find; you would probably be limited to the Les Cheries outfits. Also, her body is supposed to be sealed so she can go into water, her hair is wAshable/stylable, and she is phthalate free. Amazon.com has several versions of her if you are interested.
    My daughter is only 18 mos so we don't have one of these yet but I plan to get her "Chloe" when she gets older because she has lovely dark hair and blue eyes like my daughter. I was so pleased to discover these dolls because besides all the other wonderful features it's nearly impossible to find dark haired dolls with blue eyes.

Thanks crollins. The Cheries are a little more grown up than I am looking for.

After seeing these cute playdress sets for the Bitty Twin on Etsy... I think I have decided on one of those. Now to find somebody locally who wants to split an order since we don't have a store here.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54951179...ggings-made-to

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54951179...ref=v1_other_2
    ~C~