Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default how late does FedEx deliver to your house?

just wondering. cuz in my neighborhood, they always come by super-late (past 8:00pm) and it just seems so odd and is somewhat inconvenient (this is around the time i'm getting DS ready for bed, nursing him, etc). right now it's 9:00pm and i'm still waiting for a package (that i have to sign for). anyway, i don't know, am i the only one who just is weirded out getting packages to sign for when it's practically pitch-black outside? also , i guess it's just annoying for me cuz i'm a SAHM and DH works from home, so we're at home ALL DAY, but then the evening comes around and we can't go out at all bc we have to stay and sign for a package (which usually doesn't come till after 8pm anyway). argh!

They came at 7 for me today. I work at home and yes, it's totally annoying. Especially like today when they left a massive package at the door and then rang the bell and rang away so fast it was practically ding dong ditching. I think he didn't want to have to bring the package in for me!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i hear you, sometimes fedex delivers way too late for me too...like 7 or 8
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's rotten. I'd call and inquire about it - you'd think they'd have a cutoff time for delivery unless it's a timed package (2-day, overnight, etc). Ours comes at an equally inopportune time: naptime. I hate waiting for something you really want!

Our Fedex guy usually delivers before 7:00am. If we have to sign for it, he usually waits until 7:30 to ring the bell. Otherwise it's leaning against our door when we go out in the morning. Last year around Christmas, I was up very early with Ds2 who had croup and saw him drop off a package at 5:30am
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Usually not past 7:30pm. They were here today at 6:00.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

When Fedex delivered a package that needed my signature, I was told that I could leave a signed note authorizing them to leave the package. Or depending on how far you are from your fedex office (the actual office, not the ones that used to be Kinkos), you could ask them to hold it. Not the most convenient, but it would be better than waiting at home for them to ring your doorbell.

I've had Fedex come as late as 6pm.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They either come very early (before 7am) or late (past 8).

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    Especially like today when they left a massive package at the door and then rang the bell and rang away so fast it was practically ding dong ditching.

That's so funny!! My guy did the same thing to me today! I had the hardest
    time getting the huge heavy box inside.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx for all the replies. once it got to be 9:45pm and still no package, we decided to call FedEx and ask bc the tracking website still said it was on the truck for delivery. but after talking to the service rep, apparently the latest they deliver is 8pm, so if it isn't delivered then, then it just gets delivered the next day. ARGH. wish i had known this sooner, i feel like i just wasted an entire evening waiting!!

it's so weird though, because i KNOW they've delivered past 8:00 pm (i got one package once at 8:30 before). whatever. what sucks is that it will probably get delivered late tomorrow too (the center is 30 miles away in a fairly remote town, and it seems like we're the last town on the route). bleh!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast