Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Always past 7 p.m. here, I'd say almost always after 8 p.m. The last fedex package I got was listed as on the truck at 6:40 a.m. and I kept watching for it to show up as delivered. Got home, not here yet. Finally went to bed around 10 p.m. thinking I'd have to wait until tomorrow for the delivery. Woke up around 5 a.m. and checked the status just to see what had happened with it when it had gotten so late and they had delivered it at 11:04 p.m.! Sure enough it was sitting on my porch. The fedex driver must be a ninja because my dogs hate deliveries but seemed to have complete missed this one. Anyway, I agree that they shouldn't be making deliveries past 7 or 8 p.m. They should give their drivers fewer packages if residential deliveries always get pushed so late.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Mine get delivered at 7PM but I never have to sign for them. It's just waiting for me outside the door once I get DD to sleep (that's her bedtime)

I think past 7PM is too late for a delivery.
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Ground/home vs express

I have found that fed ex express deliveries are usually prompt but ground/home routes arevindividually owned and don't follow the same rules, if a driver runs out of time, then it sits for the next day.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Always past 7 p.m. here, I'd say almost always after 8 p.m. The last fedex package I got was listed as on the truck at 6:40 a.m. and I kept watching for it to show up as delivered. Got home, not here yet. Finally went to bed around 10 p.m. thinking I'd have to wait until tomorrow for the delivery. Woke up around 5 a.m. and checked the status just to see what had happened with it when it had gotten so late and they had delivered it at 11:04 p.m.! Sure enough it was sitting on my porch. The fedex driver must be a ninja because my dogs hate deliveries but seemed to have complete missed this one. Anyway, I agree that they shouldn't be making deliveries past 7 or 8 p.m. They should give their drivers fewer packages if residential deliveries always get pushed so late.
    ok after reading this i checked my front door and there is a fedex Door Tag saying that they tried to deliver at 9:45pm! ARGH. the guy must have not rang the bell as we were both awake and it was super quiet at our house (DS asleep) so we would have heard it (i even was looking outside to see if i saw a truck). now that i check the tracking # online it says at 9:00pm there was "delivery exception" , due to "customer not available or business closed." but we were here!! argh. again the guy must have just put the door tag on without saying anything bc it was so late.

thing is, normally i wouldn't care if packages were left outside, but this is a $600 item (stroller) and it says i have to sign for it.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

. again the guy must have just put the door tag on without saying anything bc it was so late.
    That's my guess. What a jerk!

Hope your new stroller (once it shows up) is awesome!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2