Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Suggestions for LO OUT of the dishwasher when I'm doing dishes?

Any suggestions? She comes running anytime I try to do dishes! She definetely knows the sound of the door opening. I can't ever get them done until dh is home to watch her, but I can't always wait that long. We've got slide out drawers in our cupboards, so I can't really let her play in any of those, either. And I try to give her something to entertain herself with and she loses interest after 5 seconds.

She's 14 months. Thanks

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Any suggestions? She comes running anytime I try to do dishes! She definetely knows the sound of the door opening. I can't ever get them done until dh is home to watch her, but I can't always wait that long. We've got slide out drawers in our cupboards, so I can't really let her play in any of those, either. And I try to give her something to entertain herself with and she loses interest after 5 seconds.

She's 14 months. Thanks
    Would LOVE to know! We have the same situation with our 19 month old!
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I took a drawer and a low cupboard and made them for DS and DD. I have kitchen toys in them for them to use (even some of my old things like jar openers--the rubber disks, whisks, spoons, old pots and pans etc....). That was there cabinet. I would redirect them to that a lot. As they got older I ended up having to use time out for DD who would attempt to literally climb into the dishwasher or stand on the door.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a 14 mo old too and I either stick him in his high chair for a snack/meal when I am emptying/unloading the DW or I have one of the super XT play yard things in my family room (next to kitchen, he can see me), so put him in there.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I have a 14 mo old too and I either stick him in his high chair for a snack/meal when I am emptying/unloading the DW or I have one of the super XT play yard things in my family room (next to kitchen, he can see me), so put him in there.

If in the highchair I pull DD2 right up close to me so that I can talk to her, sing, etc. The superyard is great for this as well.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I avoided it.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the same problem. He could be clear across the house and hear me open the diswasher. DH says its the "siren song of the dishwasher." No solutions...I just load the dishwasher when DS is sleeping or after dinner when DH can play with him.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS is only 9 months but he also worships the dishwasher. I end up sticking him in his high chair but he is not happy about it.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS started to be helpful around that age unloading the dishwasher. I opened and got sharp stuff out, and then let him hand me stuff from the DW as I put it away. He's terrible when I try to load it (because he unloads what I put in), so I do that when he's in bed.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I avoided it.
    /hillary
    We just had to avoid the situation for about 12 mo. Sorry! The highchair is a good containment but not always possible IMO.
    K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast