Default What should DS sleep in?

We are considering a volunteer spot through our church.
    DS probably will not have a separate bedroom. It could possibly be when he is 8mos through 20mos. He weighs 21lbs at 6 mos. A PnP just seems too small for comfort for that long.
    Any suggestions?
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Is there a reason he can't have a crib? Is it a space issue?
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They make smaller portacrib or minicribs that are larger and more comfortable than a PNP but not nearly as large as a regular crib.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
    Is there a reason he can't have a crib? Is it a space issue?
    We aren't sure what room arrangement will be, but space will most likely be an issue. In a similar lack of space, BIL built dn a wooden "box" crib size that could be pushed under their bed I believe...
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn't go with anything with solid sides if that is what the "box" one is like. Lack of fresh air around baby's face would worry me.

My niece and nephew only ever slept in PnPs and they did fine. I always think back to kids around the world that sleep on even more uncomfortable surfaces. It's all in what you know. We think we need plush but we probably don't. I'd start with a PnP and see how it goes if the regular crib doesn't fit.

Beth

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Bjorn Travel Crib gives a bigger surface area than a PnP does. If he is a long baby it might be more comfortable for him since he will have more room to spread out. We LOVE ours and DD who is the size of a 3.5 year old still has a lot of room to move around.
    There is a thread in the Bargains section about a deal at Kohls.

ETA: I think that the mattress on the Bjorn is a lot more comfortable than the PnP one. We use a regular mattress pad and regular crib sheet rather than the one Bjorn sells

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    The Bjorn Travel Crib gives a bigger surface area than a PnP does. If he is a long baby it might be more comfortable for him since he will have more room to spread out. We LOVE ours and DD who is the size of a 3.5 year old still has a lot of room to move around.
    There is a thread in the Bargains section about a deal at Kohls.

ETA: I think that the mattress on the Bjorn is a lot more comfortable than the PnP one. We use a regular mattress pad and regular crib sheet rather than the one Bjorn sells

Another vote here for the Bjorn Travel Crib. We have used both the pnp and bjorn while traveling and although the pnp is fine to sleep in, I think the Bjorn is a lot more comfortable and has more room.
    A very busy Mama to my two chiquitos.
    DS 11/08 and DD 7/10

Someone posted a deal on the bjorn crib in the other forum. There are definitely smaller (euro-sized) cribs to be had too though.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11