Default Cloth diaper score! Esp interesting to CD connoisseurs

At my local consignment sale, I always check out the cloth diapers and on rare occasions find a gem. Yesterday I bought three Japanese diaper covers in very good condition, one of which is wool and looks unused, for a grand total of THREE DOLLARS! They are even interesting... the waist tabs are very narrow and attach with velcro underneath on the sides and then the belly flap, for lack of a better word, velcroes on top of the waist tabs.

I love discovering something new in CD world.

I don't need these covers, but the poor, unloved, underpriced covers needed me. Imagine if they had been forsaken and left to the donation/scrap pile at the end of the sale!! Now I will re-sell them for more and make a little money. eta: Do you think that's somehow wrong, to re-sell for more something you bought for cheap?
    Last edited by american_mama; 09-19-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nope! I don't have a problem with it at all. I buy clothes off the BBB swap all the time and I know some of it (like the Gymbo) was probably less for the original buyer when you take into account Gymbucks, COF, and sales, but I don't want to do the leg work of scrounging up an outfit off the sales racks while Lula runs amok in the store, so it is totally worth it for me.

Congrats on your find, and enjoy!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I just saw a little child's chair on CL that I am positive was sold for $5 (or $2.50 if it made it until the half off sale) at a consignment sale last weekend because I almost bought it. Guess how much they're trying to sell it for now? 40!! Now THAT is just wrong.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by indigo99 View Post
    I just saw a little child's chair on CL that I am positive was sold for $5 (or $2.50 if it made it until the half off sale) at a consignment sale last weekend because I almost bought it. Guess how much they're trying to sell it for now? 40!! Now THAT is just wrong.
    Why is it wrong?
    Kris