Default 10 month old sleep requirements

My daughter sleeps 11 hours a night. She gets up at 5:30 almost every morning and then goes back to sleep for about an hour. I take her to daycare and ask the provider to put her down at 9:30 and 2:30. I am picking up an exhausted baby almost every day. The babysitter says that she tries to get her down, but half the tme she says things like 'i'm not sure if she slept or not b/c everytime i checked on her she was crying.' i've tried to talk with her about using a monitor since my daughter isn't very loud when she wakes up. why is she 'checking on her' if she is using a monitor? i am a single mom and when i get off of work, my child is tired! she gets very active when she's overtired which i think is common so i've asked the babysitter to put her down before she's too tired. i get the impression that she wants her on the schedule that is most convenient for her. changing daycare right now isn't an option. any suggestions on how to handle this? thanks!

My 12 month old also wakes up at 5:30 AM. Her schedule is as follows (she's in daycare from 7-4):
    wake up 5:30, nap at daycare around 8:30 for about an hour, nap at 1:00 for two hours, go to sleep around 7:00 PM.

Three naps seem like alot. Try to avoid the 6:30 AM, move the other naps earlier, especially the 2:30 nap which seems late...

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also think that 2:30 is late. If I wait that long, I miss the nap window - he'll cry a lot and maybe snooze for half an hour. My baby wakes at 5 or 5:30 to nurse, and falls back asleep until 6:30 or 7. First nap is at 9:15 and the second nap is at 1:15. Bedtime is between 7:30 and 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by momtobeoverseas View Post
    My 12 month old also wakes up at 5:30 AM. Her schedule is as follows (she's in daycare from 7-4):
    wake up 5:30, nap at daycare around 8:30 for about an hour, nap at 1:00 for two hours, go to sleep around 7:00 PM.

Three naps seem like alot. Try to avoid the 6:30 AM, move the other naps earlier, especially the 2:30 nap which seems late...

That's pretty much my 9 month old's sleep schedule too, though the schedule is pushed back about an hour because she sleeps until 6:30.
    Mama to my sweet little girl - 12/2009
    ...and Baby #2 due early August 2012