Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Just went to the gym at 5:30 am this morning after a 4 or 5 month hiatus. It felt great!!!!

I did a half hour of cardio, 15 minutes of ab work and 45 minutes of weight training followed by 5 minutes of cardio.

I think I will join this gym. It was nice, close to home, has a kids club which will be handy on weekends and I get a discount through work! Woohoo!

I hope to go every morning during the workweek and at least once on the weekend.

My current weight is 129. I would like to go down to 120. Doable right? I also need to get rid of my "pregnancy belly bulge". DS2 will be 20 months old tomorrow. LOL.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This thread is motivating me to want to exercise today. Thanks for starting this thread.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Just went to the gym at 5:30 am this morning after a 4 or 5 month hiatus. It felt great!!!!

I did a half hour of cardio, 15 minutes of ab work and 45 minutes of weight training followed by 5 minutes of cardio.

I think I will join this gym. It was nice, close to home, has a kids club which will be handy on weekends and I get a discount through work! Woohoo!

I hope to go every morning during the workweek and at least once on the weekend.

My current weight is 129. I would like to go down to 120. Doable right? I also need to get rid of my "pregnancy belly bulge". DS2 will be 20 months old tomorrow. LOL.
    HOLY CR*P. You rock and are my new idol!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Aw thanks. I used to be a gym rat so I love getting back into the swing of things.

Thank you for motivating me! Your post could not have been better timed!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have been on the wagon for a while but I really want to step it up even more. I'm excited that tomorrow a friend and I are going to tackle some trails and run while the kids are in school. I'm going to run outside as long as possible! At least one day this week I'll go to weight lifting too. I really would like to get back to doing that 3 day/s week. When I did Group Power 3 days/ wk I was in great shape! I'm kind of addicted to running at the moment now!

Beth

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Ok today's schedule is insane at work but I have tomorrow 8-10 blocked for the gym. Can someone tell me about this sort of class?
    Pilates-Based Mat
    Developed over seventy years ago by Joseph H. Pilates, the focus of this discipline is to strengthen and stretch the abdomen and torso by solely using the body. Technique involves proper breathing and control over various muscles.

If you are insanely out of shape would you give it a go?

Congrats to all the mamas working out today!! I lost another lb this morning going to keep skipping alcohol and see how that works.
    /hillary
    I love pilates, and you have to have a first class as some point, right?! I would definitely go. Tell the instructor it's your first class. That way she (or he, but I'm guessing she!) will be able to watch your form and give you some different options for the exercises.

Have fun!

I took my first Bar Method class today (see Bar Method thread!). It kicked my @ss.
    Going to have to make a concentrated effort to add in the cardio now.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I started mommy and me stroller class back up again the same week that my kids went back to school. So, been working out again for a month. They are doing a wt loss challenge right now, but I am just trying to focus on getting back into the routine of working out again. I was in stroller class, took two yrs off d/t time conflicts and a newborn baby (did not like carseat or stroller), and failed miserably to try to work out on my own. Trying to get back on the workout wagon.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post

I think you could kick my ass. Please don't try.

So, I did indeed go down to the gym at work today. Did half an hour on the bike (at a very low resistance level so I don't get too sweaty-- I have to be nice to my coworkers, right?) and did the back machine because I hate my back fat.

My goal is 1x/week gym at work cardio, 1x/week gym at work strength training, 1x/week zumba, and 1x/week gym at home (HOA gym).

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine2 View Post
    I just joined a gym for the first time in a long time (and I've never been a successful gym person). I've been working out at the gym consistently for 2-3 weeks now, and haven't lost any weight yet, but am trying to focus on showing up rather than losing weight right now. (Plus, it would probably help if I paid attention to what I was eating ).
    This happened to me- actually I gained a pound or two at first (I even whined about it in the BP!). After about 6 or 8 weeks the weight finally started dropping. We joined the gym over the summer, so I've been going for about 3 months now. I finally lost the couple pounds I gained, plus more. I have officially reached my pre-DS weight and I'm four pounds away from my favorite weight.

A friend of mine told me that exercise is actually only 20% of the equation, the rest is what you put in your mouth (and some genetics, I guess!).

Keep up the good work!!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast