Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

I went for my walk this morning. About 2 miles at a decent clip, walking with another mom. Hopefully that is going to be a regular Monday morning thing. I also made my child watch appointment at the gym for Wednesday morning, so now I have to go, right?

Catherine

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I think you could kick my ass. Please don't try.

So, I did indeed go down to the gym at work today. Did half an hour on the bike (at a very low resistance level so I don't get too sweaty-- I have to be nice to my coworkers, right?) and did the back machine because I hate my back fat.

My goal is 1x/week gym at work cardio, 1x/week gym at work strength training, 1x/week zumba, and 1x/week gym at home (HOA gym).
    Yay for you!

The easiest way to burn fat is to do a lot of strength training, although of course, cardio also helps! So in addition to the back machine, I would do the other ones as well. I especially like leg work-outs because they really help me slim down.

Good work everyone! Yay for us!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe I should bump up the strength training to 2x week. I have two reasons for wanting to do this. Of course the first is so I can go buy a whole new wardrobe in a smaller size, but the main reason is so when I go off statins and TTC at some point, my cholesterol won't be too high (hence the cardio).

Ok ladies- How much water are you drinking a day? This is another thing I really have to remind myself to do if I want to start losing weight. I know I'm probably totally dehydrated.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

timely thread! i just worked out this morning for the first time in . . . well, i worked out! Don't have gym access right now, so i'm trying the 30 day shred (i'll add other videos into the rotations soon) . my goal is to work out three mornings/week (M,W,F while dds are at school). not much, but good enough to start with. i figure if i set a goal that is easy to achieve, i'll be less likely to give up all together. i plan to work up to doing 5 days/week.
    i need to lose about 10-15lbs, hoping that i can do it by christmas.

Ok ladies- How much water are you drinking a day? This is another thing I really have to remind myself to do if I want to start losing weight. I know I'm probably totally dehydrated.
    I drink a lot, whether I am working out or not. Just habit, I think. We have huge glasses so I fill one and leave on the kitchen counter and drink from it all the time. I also take a Klean Kanteen or Camelbak with me when I walk or go to the gym. It almost always comes home empty.

Catherine

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My brother's friend lost a lot of weight recently. He told me he drank half his weight in ounces of water/day. I try to follow that rule.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So I was supposed to go to the gym last night but got a splitting headache. Oh well. Spin class tonight.

What do you-all wear to the gym? Regular shorts or sweats or workout clothes?

There are a ton of fancy boutiques around me (Lululemon, Lucy, etc) but I am frankly too big for it. Maybe in 25 lbs. For now, I just get stuff at WalMart / Target. But I know the quality stuff must fit and look (and wick) better.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lands End has terrific workout clothes and they come in plus sizes. Not sure how large a size you need. I have their workout pants and capris and love them. I also have a couple C9 brand workout shorts from Target that I love.

I mainly wear cotton T-shirts (souvenir Ts are great for this ) but I also have some "technical" Ts that are more wicking which I prefer for when I am really sweating.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I usually wear yoga pants, either full length or capri and a T shirt. I don't look particularly pretty at the gym, this is for sure.

I have one pair of work out pants from Lucy-- which I think is SO overpriced-- and they shrank almost as soon as I bought them. I should have taken them back and complained. I still wear them, but they are high waters.

My big question is what should I wear for the zumba class I'm starting tomorrow...

ETA: and I brought gym clothes to work again today. The plan is to do the machines today for some strength training. I had to leave my book at home or I would have been too tempted to ride the bike instead so I could read.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast