Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I made it to Body Pump last night and even managed to add a little weight to the chest, squats, biceps and triceps songs. I am SORE today but I'm glad to be progressing.

Thinking of buying a cheap pair of cycling shoes for spin. I wear running shoes now (good old Nimbus 11s) but my feet ache and even get numb sometimes.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

4th day in a row here!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Working out 60 minutes a day is not realistic for me. I have to do it at lunch, so I get about 45 minutes max.

We have a gym and classes at my work. I aim for 4 days a week:

Monday - step, 45 min
    Tuesday - Bodysculpt type class, 30 or 45 min (two classes available that day)
    Wednesday - kickboxing class (45 min)
    Thursday - I do my own thing (run or some weights) or my errand running day, but I walk to Target and back
    Friday - Bootcamp class (45 min)

In an ideal world I do a day or two on the weekend as well. I will either run a little or do the 30 Day Shred DVD. But usually I end up doing nothing on the weekends.

I do what I can and try not to stress about doing more.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Workout questions:
    How often do you really work out per week?
    How long do you usually work out for at a time?
    What would you do differently and what is getting in your way?
    I'm trying for 4-5x/wk
    Usually work out 45min-1 hr. Either a class or 30 min of cardio (working through C25k) and 30 minutes of strength training.

This is my first attempt at really committing to a gym- it's going well so far as I'm working out at 6am before work. The time crunch is the only thing- sometimes I feel like I could go longer, but have to get ready for work (though I can do that VERY fast now). Also, DH likes to run at 6am with a buddy, and now we fight over who gets to go.
    C
    DS1 (04)
    DS2 (07)

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I made it to Body Pump last night and even managed to add a little weight to the chest, squats, biceps and triceps songs. I am SORE today but I'm glad to be progressing.

Thinking of buying a cheap pair of cycling shoes for spin. I wear running shoes now (good old Nimbus 11s) but my feet ache and even get numb sometimes.
    Check out nashbar.com. They seem to have the best deals on shoes (I looked for "cheap", but couldn't find anything under $100). I ordered these from nashbar for $50. Looks like they are still on sale. They are a lot lighter than my first pair of shimano shoes- I like them a lot.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Produc...2_198558_-1___

Oh, hey, I sometime get numb feet on the bike too. It's because of my shoes? Did not know that. Thanks!

Catherine

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I went to the gym today. I felt LAME. I was dragging. I barely finished my 15 minutes on the stairmaster. I did ok on the weights and then died as I did 100 situps. I lost 2 lbs in the last 3 days according to the gym scale so that feels good. My body feels like I am in bad shape.

Another couple of weeks and I know I will feel better but right now it is slow going.

/hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Check out nashbar.com. They seem to have the best deals on shoes (I looked for "cheap", but couldn't find anything under $100). I ordered these from nashbar for $50. Looks like they are still on sale. They are a lot lighter than my first pair of shimano shoes- I like them a lot.
    Perfect!! Earlier today I was actually looking at Nashbar, but I didn't have the first clue where to start. Thanks for the rec, I'm going to go for it. I'll have to figure out the whole cleat thing.......

I didn't make it to the gym today, DH is under the weather. Frustrating because I had really good momentum going and was actually looking forward to spin tonight. Oh well.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I went to the gym today. I felt LAME. I was dragging. I barely finished my 15 minutes on the stairmaster. I did ok on the weights and then died as I did 100 situps. I lost 2 lbs in the last 3 days according to the gym scale so that feels good. My body feels like I am in bad shape.

Another couple of weeks and I know I will feel better but right now it is slow going.

/hillary
    I bow down to you. I wouldn't even do that when I was in great shape. The stairmaster and full sit ups are evil.

Right now I'm doing pretty good at working out I've been meeting a friend at 5:15 am (accountability) and then doing an hour of cardio three mornings for the past three weeks. I do a half hour free weight class during lunch at work three times a week plus a yoga/pilates class once a week through community ed. Working out is helping with my eating as well. After doing an hour of cardio in the early morning, I don't want "ruin" my hard work by pigging out. My pants are getting looser

mskitty

I went today! Body Pump. It was good but I am wiped out. That's why I'm here at my PC on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. They say working out gives you more energy, but not that class. It makes me feel good the NEXT day but right now I need a nap.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast