Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Anyone else disappointed with the Ultimate Crib Sheet?

I bought two Ultimate Crib Sheets before my daughter was born and have been so disappointed with them. I thought they would make changing her bed easier but they are such a pain to get all those snaps snapped that I think a plain fitted sheet would be much easier. We have a very lightweight mattress so it's nothing to just lift the mattress and add a sheet, but it seems to take forever to do all the snaps.

Is there a better solution? I think our mattress is covered in vinyl anyway, so I'm not sure it would get soaked if she had an accident.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got 2 of them, and have never used them. I hated snaping the thing on, and honestly, I've never needed it. I got a waterproof mattress in case of accidents so I could remove the sheet and wipe it down. So yeah, I'm not really feeling the love for them. Maybe I will one day, who knows.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Me too. 2 that were never used...

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love ours, so much I bought a spare. I have NEVER changed the sheets on DS's crib!! I just switch out the UCS whenever he wet or spit up. DS is 14 months old,and just got his first tummy bug the other night - I was SO glad to have the UCS at 1 a.m. when he threw up in his crib....yuck!!! Just personal preference, but I'd rather snap a couple of snaps than wrestle with that mattress, have to move the breathable bumper, etc...

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've had quality issues with those stinkin' UCS. I use a waterproof flannel pad underneath the sheets, and lasanga 2 sets this way (mattress-pad-sheet-pad-sheet). If there's an accident I just strip off the first layer.

Instead of going out and buying flannel pads, just use your UCS underneath the regular sheets, without snapping anything onto the crib.

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i have changed ds's crib sheet once in 2 years thanks to the ucs! i like them.

but if you don't, no biggie - if something that's supposed to make your life easier doesn't, go with what does!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Hated ours. Now we have the QuickZip crib sheets, which work so much better!

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have 2 hand-me-down UCSs. I love 'em. I've only washed the crib sheet once. It only takes a minute to snap the snaps all the way around. It would make me crazy to take a crib sheet on and off for washings.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

have used UCS since birth- DD is 2.75 and ready to transition to a twin soon- love these, esp when she has recently been stripping off diaper/pull up and peeing in her bed!

Also was great for using during naked bottom time, when we had bad diaper rash! Just laid her on it- and didn't have to worry about wetness coming thru on carpet, etc.