MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Should I get DD a playhouse?

DD is 2.5 years old. We have good weather here in general, and do some outdoor play pretty much daily year round, unless there is a lot of rain. Until lately, she was pretty happy just going outside with mom and pop. Now, she seems to get a little bored. She likes pretend play and really flipped for the little playhouse at a friend's place this weekend.

So, I have been thinking about a playhouse for her, but they are not cheap. I can do free ship-to-store with Walmart, which wouldsave a little. Or the pink one is Prime-eligible on Amazon for just a little more than Walmart. After tax/my effort; the price might be better there.

I was looking at these 3:

Pink one from Step2

Front Porch one from Step2 (maybe too short)

Crazy cute (and $$) Cottage from Step 2

The reviews indicate that the real wood ones from Kidcraft do not hold up outside in the elements. We would DEFINITELY be putting it outside

Does anyone have any of these?

What do you think? How long should I expect her to use something like this? I was intentionally looking a taller ones for this reason....

I know that I should CL or try to yardsale for this item, but, honestly, I do not have time to do it. I guess I am where these things come from to end up on CL later!

Here is to hoping that my links work!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know you said no CL *but* here is that $400 playhouse for $175 in Atlanta. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bab/1956966879.html
    That's a nice savings.
    Last edited by infomama; 09-19-2010 at 10:37 PM.

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

oooohhhhh that is nice. It is the one I liked best, too. But thought was too spendy. They are about an hr drive from me without traffic, and I'd have to find a truck to get the thing home. Something to think about.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We LOVE our playhouse. We have the LT Town Center. I say get one - I'm bad about decisions.

DD loves ours. We bought it for DS because he would want to play in it at Costco for like an hour, I would just be standing there while he played. WE got it home and he played in it only a couple more time. DD however plays in it everyday we have good enough weather to go outside. Ours is a kids kraft and its covered by our porch shelter and I water treat it every year. I agree that it would problably have been beter to buy a plastic one but live and learn.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold