Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Mine is poor right now, BECAUSE of exercise. My DH thinks I am a freak, b/c when I exercise, my libido drops. SEriously, where do ppl get this exercise high? I feel like crap when I exercise, I'm tired, sore and grouchy. I've been working out steadily for the past three months now and my libido has been on the low again. My DH has the opposite issue, when he exercises, his libido goes UP.
    Is your libido that much better when you don't exercise? How do you feel in general when you don't exercise? I do believe that exercise can enhance libido, so if I were you I would be looking for another reason. Not saying you're crazy or don't know your own body but I do think this is one thing the medical profession is (probably) right about. Even if you don't take the libido factor into account, you should feel better with regular exercise, not worse.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tiapam View Post
    Is your libido that much better when you don't exercise? How do you feel in general when you don't exercise? I do believe that exercise can enhance libido, so if I were you I would be looking for another reason. Not saying you're crazy or don't know your own body but I do think this is one thing the medical profession is (probably) right about. Even if you don't take the libido factor into account, you should feel better with regular exercise, not worse.
    I do have better libido when I'm not exercising. It's like exercising just totally wipes me out to the point where I don't want to do anything else.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

i believe it is hormonal.
    Last edited by mezzona; 01-24-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    This gives me hope. I totally have the "ick" factor thing and have an issue with not wanting to be touched a lot. It really hurts my DH's feelings Maybe it's fixable...
    The touch thing really fascinates me because I have only recently made the connection of it to my thyroid. I have never been a super hugger, but I realized that I also was not hugging people as much as I used to and I am pretty sure I was avoiding eye contact. I am consciously trying to maintain it now, like I have to retrain myself. Of course, I was still touching my kids, I think they would be the last ones I would "reject" and only if things got much worse. That makes sense from a biological standpoint. So it's like there were layers to my lack of libido and all I saw was the no desire/sex part. I often told DH that I felt that since the kids were touching me all day long, I just couldn't take any more. But now I see that was not it at all. The children are still hanging on me all day, but there is plenty of room for DH too. I think I have seen this "excuse" in mag articles, etc, and mentioned by friends, but now I see it as a myth. Which is too bad because it may be keeping people from getting help.

Ok, now I want to be a sex therapist! I can't believe that I "forgot" what this felt like!
    -Pam

Just adding two more details that may be of note to anyone trying to figure out their problem. I was also not interested in kissing and that of course has come back, too, and I did/do experience pain with intercourse off and on. It's a very minor factor right now and something I plan to work on.
    -Pam

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6