Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Wooden Dollhouse

I'd love to get Fiona one of the Waldorf-style wooden dollhouses, like this one: http://www.willowtoys.com/catalog.ph...3Fcategory%3D2

I'm concerned about spending so much money and it not having lasting play value, though. Will she still be interested in that style dollhouse years from now, or do you think she would want something more detailed as she gets older?

Thanks!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it depends on your dd

My girls would have zero interest in that (they are 4.5 now). I should have gotten them the plastic loving family dollhouse, but I did not. Even through I tried to do the wooden natural toy thing for a while, they simply prefer bright colors with a lot of detail - I can't convince them otherwise. But if your dd likes other waldorf-y toys, then perhaps that doll house would work.

I would wait a while to gauge her interest. We definitely got our dollhouse too early (Plan Toys Chalet at 2.5) We have put it away and will bring it back out again in the Spring. I will probably get some Loving Family dolls for it b/c I do think that more realistic dolls might make it more interesting for her.

Does anybody know whether the LF dolls are the right size for the Plan dollhouses?
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

FWIW, these doll houses do go way down in price, generally right around Christmas. If you're concerned about whether your kids will use it, then maybe you can wait for a better price.

This is how I got my dollhouse - I think it was very very inexpensive, like less than $25 shipped, but retails for $150 or above.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew