Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

7yo DD has finally asked for a Nintendo DS for Hanukkah, so that will be her main present this year.

Not too sure about Becca (5yo). She just had a birthday, so I'll have to wait a bit to come up with more ideas. I have a few smaller things put away for her, but we just gave her a bike and an Adventure Bag, which were my 2 best ideas lately.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't want a ton of plastic crap and I don't want a ton of pastel pink clothing, so I have to make sure all the relatives are on board with that plan.

DD will be 9 months old at Christmas, so it's hard to judge.

So far, DH has bought her something that's (apparently) top secret, but he's really excited about and I've bought her a wooden stacking owl set from Magic Cabin (it was spendy, but they ran a free-shipping deal back in August-ish, so I bought it.)

I want to get her a personalized stocking, but not a "baby" or "baby's 1st Christmas" one, so we'll have one for her every year from now on. (I was thinking PBK would be a good bet because I loved the ones last year & it would coordinate with the ones DH and I have.)

Honestly, she doesn't need a lot of things, but I did put together an Amazon WishList for her to give the relatives ideas. I hope it helps!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'm leaning towards a better toy kitchen for DD this year. I made some felt play food a year or more ago and we have a very cheap kitchen I got on clearance at walmart at about that time-an oven, stovetop, tiny sink. I'm looking at the costco play kitchen.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I'd also like to get her matching pj's for her and her bitty baby.

I'm eyeing these and then wonder if I should make them myself..
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/52086223...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
    Last edited by elephantmeg; 09-29-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I will have a 5 1/2 year old at Christmas...

I don't know what to do about the "big gift". I need her to put together a list.

I have already bought some Lego sets (City and Toy Story) and I have some other stuff from the Target Toy Clearance that I need to go through - dress up stuff and the like.

Maybe a game for the Wii? Need suggestions here! We just have Wii Sports, Play and Sports Resort. I did get the new Toy Story 3 game at Costco but it might get returned as I need to look at the reviews.

I have a Leapster Game or Two that I got on clearance.

I did find this on The Mini Social, the Le Toy Van Breakfast Set for $45 shipped. I think she is getting old for it but still loves to play restaurant etc. or I can save it for my niece.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...K2NDFET1EXB7MG

ETA: I got some cool Ravensburger puzzles on sale, she does love puzzles
    And I have assorted games down in the basement
    Last edited by alien_host; 09-29-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Anyone have ideas for 10 month old girl? I was thinking about maybe getting her a personalized height chart for her room, and a cute outfit for the spring time. I want to spend about $50.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD will turn 5 in early November. I plan on taking her to the toystore I think and letting her pick out her birthday present. I may get some Xmas ideas from that.

So far for Xmas I have made this list. THis is ideas, doesnt mean we will get everything. I also keep a large list on Amazon as I come across stuff in case family asks what she wants.

Sticky Mosaics Jewelry Box
    Disney Princess Wii game
    Dora Leapster game
    Disney Princess Leapster game
    Live Butterfly garden
    Little Mermaid 300 piece jigsaw puzzle
    Hungry Hungry Hippos (she could play this with 2.5 yo DS I am thinking)
    Beauty & Beast movie
    tie die kit for t-shirts
    a Razor scooter

Was also thinking maybe some books. And craft kits from Michaels. She loves to do crafts and I like ones that she can do on her own without much help from me. Or some beading kits.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

dang it! i missed the le van toy sale on mini social -- i wanted to get the breakfast set
    (for me, i've wanted that forever! )

oh well, probably didn't need that after i spent 40 dollars on MORE play food on amazon (which included a toaster,so i'm sure we didn't need an extra breakfast set... but still, CRY!)

i'm not sure what lu is getting for christmas-- she'll be just turned 3. for her birthday she is getting a bamboletta doll (2 days before christmas) and probably a couple sweaters knit by me... in november my inlaws are giving her the calico critters manor house & TONS of furniture (i sent suggestions and they bought ALL of them.... Ack!) which will be pretty overwhelming (but super fun...she LOVES calico critters!). i got her the calico critters car a while back, so lucy might get that in december to go with her house. i bought a set of fairies when we were travelling and think i'll set them up with treeblocks (still need to buy those) on christmas since that looks like something santa would make in his workshop i also have a wooden ironing board that might be cute with her new doll-- i could hang up some clothes on a drying rack or little hangers (again , i think that would look "workshopish"). i picked up a ravensburg "first games" thing at a garden we belong too and a mellisa and doug dress-a-bear family that she'll get for either birthday or christmas. we have tons of dolls and blocks in the closet, but honestly-- there sorta seems like enough to me without that? oh yes, i'm also getting "the girls" (lucy and her cousin leila) espresso machines from step2. i call lucy my "little barista"

and i'm sure some books will sneak in and maybe music --because my baby LOVES to sing!

i like reading everyone elses lists-- does that make me materialistic? i think so!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Anyone have ideas for 10 month old girl? I was thinking about maybe getting her a personalized height chart for her room, and a cute outfit for the spring time. I want to spend about $50.
    DS1 was around that age at his first Christmas and DS2 will be around that age for Christmas this year.

Soft soled shoes?
    Nice ring stacker (Spiel und Holz, Holgate, Plan, etc.)?
    Sturdy push toy (sometimes the RF walker wagon goes on super sale. No experience w/ it but Ikea has a wooden push walker thing for 25-30ish I think?)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Things I'm thinking about for DD (2.5):

Aquadoodle
    Magnatiles?
    doorway playhouse
    Yookidoo spout
    tent for play balls (would love a jump-o-lene but I don't have the space for it)
    work bench
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    DS1 was around that age at his first Christmas and DS2 will be around that age for Christmas this year.

Soft soled shoes?
    Nice ring stacker (Spiel und Holz, Holgate, Plan, etc.)?
    Sturdy push toy (sometimes the RF walker wagon goes on super sale. No experience w/ it but Ikea has a wooden push walker thing for 25-30ish I think?)
    I was going to suggest the Ikea push wagon. I've bought one for my dd who will be 10 months at Christmas. It was right around $25. That will be her big present from us. Now I have to figure out to get her from Santa. I'm really tempted to get some more unit blocks. She won't care but older ds will play with them now and dd will get all of them eventually. Unit blocks have been the best toy for us. So, so, so much use over a period of years, that they seem really worth it to me.

Catherine

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast