Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I already posted this elsewhere, but for the sake of being thorough..

My boys (5 & 7) will be getting the Lego Hogwarts set from Santa. I'll be making them bed tents (curtains, really, for bunkbeds) and probably some little wooden figures that I'll paint as Harry Potter characters and a roll-up playmat for them for my 7 year old, and maybe a cars roll-up playmat for my 5 year old. I may make them blankets or snuggie-type things, not sure.

They really don't need any toys, so I'm kind of stumped. Guess it'll be a low-key Xmas for them. It seems like the only presents for 5+ year old boys are legos or electronics.. of which we really don't need more.

Ideas rolling around for my son who will be 2 1/2 at christmas
    v tech mobi go and games
    automoblox
    schleich animals books
    clothes,
    monster trucks
    lego duplo sets _I think my parents are getting him the firetruck and fire station..I think he would also like the airplane and police sets and the cars themed sets...
    this list went to grandparents, great grandpa and aunts and uncles
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

I'm actually doing better thinking of gifts for DS than for DD! We have gotten so far:

Wooden work/toolbench
    Rug with car track on it
    Waldorf doll made by me (almost done)
    Doll sling & outift to go with the doll

On my list to get:
    Maybe more trains or cars to go with the rug
    Some sort of tool set to go with the workbench
    Baseball something/anything
    Some books
    Dump truck that comes with drill to take it apart and put back together (our nephew has one and DS is obsessed with it) Very similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Battat-BB23146...5283019&sr=1-1

Other than stocking stuffers, he's pretty well set. We've covered all of his major interests.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are getting the Playmobil school set for my DS. I am going to make (or con my mom into making) a play mat for the school to use on his train table. I am going to make an are for a parking lot and playground area. And buy him two cars and some Playmobil playground equipment to go on it. That is his big deal gift that he keeps constantly asking for.

I told him the school set is expensive and takes a lot of time for Santa's elves to make. So, he is now saying Santa will bring two gifts for Christmas. We will have to see what the second present winds up being. He keeps changing his mind on that one. I told that one has to be a smaller gift, since the first one is such a big one. Santa might bring some smaller surprise gifts like the Toys Story 3 video.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS1 wants Legos, Legos and more Legos. *sigh* He also likes Hexbugs and wants yet another Snaptricity set.

DS2 is getting one of the Toy Story 3 Lego sets that he wants. Maybe a sleeping bag from LL Bean (DS1 got one at about this age). And green socks or Hanna mocs. Must be green.

I'm sure that they'll get plenty more but I'm trying to hold out for the Amazon post-Thanksgiving sales!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

The main presents for DS1 will be Legos and Snap Circuits. For DS2 it will be Playmobil.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Any recommendations for an educational hand held system for a 3 year old?

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I honestly don't know what to get my two older boys. I feel like they have so much, "stuff." Maybe we will just go to Kalahari or something instead as a family. We are drowning in LEGO, THEY want more, but we don't NEED anymore, all of our LEGO bins are overflowing.

For DS3, I'm just going to re-gift some of DS1 an DS2's outgrown toys for him.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Having a boy has certainly made me be more comfortable with "character" items. Why is that? This Lightning McQueen Power Wheels is definitely the top of Sebastian's Xmas wish list. I can only imagine the look of pure delight he will get when he sees it. I have a 20% off coupon for TRU power wheels right now and wonder if we should use it. Is it likely that something like this becomes difficult to find before Xmas?

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Disney-...5335804&sr=8-1
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When did your boys start getting interested in playmobil? DS isn't yet, but then again, he hasn't been exposed to it. I just put the playmobil take along doll house on his amazon list. Every time we go to one of his female friends' houses he loves playing with their doll houses, so I think it might be a good present.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast