Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Challenge: Food Storage

It's time for another Clean Sweep Challenge!

This week, we will tackle food storage. You can pick the area you want to work on. Are you growing science experiments in your fridge? Do you wonder what is at the bottom of your deep freezer? Do you keep buying spaghetti sauce only to find you have 15 jars in the pantry already?

To make it more interesting, we thought we'd have a contest to see who has the oldest food! So, as you sort through, take note of any especially old 'use by' dates.

Before and After pictures are always welcome, if you care to share.
    Kris

I'm going to clean out my fridge. I don't do it often enough and I am always surprised at how lovely it looks with nice, clean shelves. I'll do it by Wednesday morning, as that is trash day .

If I have a chance, I'll also work on the food storage containers falling out of my pantry. I have one big shelf of plastic and it really is a mess. I really should just get one of these:
    Kris

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm in - I need to catalog what's in my three freezers(yes, three for four people including one that doesn't eat solids) and throw out the unknowns!!

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oooh, I'll start this tomorrow during DD's nap! I need to throw out science projects in the fridge and wipe everything down.

I'll let you know if DH notices! And thanks for the challenge!!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I cleaned out my fridge the other day as there was a slight stinky odour, I think from either an old block of butter or hummus container - I didn't want to sniff too close to find out.

I'll do my deep freeze. It's been 5 years and never defrosted it. So, I'll clean it out, get rid of old food, and defrost it. I should do it by Thursday because that is trash day.

Nicci
    Last edited by niccig; 09-27-2010 at 01:57 AM.

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really need this challenge - or rather, my pantry needs it. I have no idea what's behind the front row in my pantry right now. I know there are some cans of beans, and every time I reach back there I can find one. But I don't know what else. There is probably some good stuff back there. I could really use a better system. I'm starting tomorrow morning during DD's preschool!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just threw out all the old leftovers tonight before I even read this thread. Hooray for me!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    I just threw out all the old leftovers tonight before I even read this thread. Hooray for me!
    Way to go! It's a good accomplishment to have it done!
    Kris

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh, I'm in. Going to start with fridge tomorrow (will post pics in the morning) and maybe the pantry. It needs it but my parents will be here so not sure I'll get to it.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am the dork with labels in my fridge. I clean it out about once a week. The food in the garage is my issue right now, and mainly because the garage is an issue, lol. Sigh. I can not tackle that before October 2nd because I have 500 people, including most local elected officials it would seem, converging on an event I am running this week.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast