Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would try the Target, Wal Mart, BRUS, etc. brand (they are all made by the same company). DD2 didn't like Gentlease either, and I believe it wasn't lactose free either; neither was Good Start. Projectile city for her

I see that your little one is almost a year old so in the light of all of this could you talk to you pediatrician about getting her tested for a milk allergy pronto and if it's negative start her on whole milk, or if she is allergic start her on soy, almond, or rice milk?
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I see that your little one is almost a year old so in the light of all of this could you talk to you pediatrician about getting her tested for a milk allergy pronto and if it's negative start her on whole milk, or if she is allergic start her on soy, almond, or rice milk?
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think she is allergic to milk---she takes yogurt just fine. I think it was the lactose that was causing a problem. That plus reflux plus concentrating the formula jsut didn't work out too well. Also, because of her adjusted age and small size, we're going to keep her on formula until 15 months.

Fortunately, I found that Abbott is offering free overnight shipping on replacement products for those that were discontinued--including the 12.6oz cans of powder that were not included in the recall (but stores pulled them from their shelves anyway). Hopefully my order will arrive tomorrow!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

YAY! Hope it works out fine for you I might have to order another can of the Similac Sensitive from them to have as a back up.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm stuck figuring out what to do too... DS is just using formula as a back-up if I'm not able to pump enough milk, but not having the back-up right now is stressing me out.

All the stores here are out of Similac powder, and I can't find it online. I may try to the Target brand... the premixed stuff is just so much more expensive!!!

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use the Target lactose free powder for DS and he does great with it.
    DS1 - Oct. '09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2