Default "Things could always be worse."

OK, I am done complaining about pregnancy!! Even though I'm in the thick of it. I feel like I was just whining nonstop about my aches and pains and insomnia--and then BOOM. I got a head cold from hell and spent pretty much from Thursday until yesterday in a phleghmy hell. If insomnia due to hormones is bad, insomnia becaus your nose won't stop running AND you've got those third trimester hormones pumping is 10 times worse!

My cold is gone and even though I'm still waddling, having the usual pelvic kicks and squeezed lungs and cramps, I am a happy camper today! It's just so nice to be able to breathe, taste food again and not have a killer headache. Woo-hoo!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

hang in...we're almost there
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Yeah, every time I think I have it bad (insomnia, full/bloated, heartburn, peeing 5x/night), I think about how much worse it's gonna suck a few weeks later.

Right now I'm having some mild symptoms from my flu shot yesterday (headache, stuffiness), and it's like a little extra un-fun added to all the other stuff. And still...I wouldn't trade this for the world! I practically have to pinch myself every day.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

I think we are pregnancy twins! Now that I have a raging head cold and every drug on the "safe" list makes my heartburn twelve times worse, I'm thinking about how good I had it a few weeks ago. Sigh.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

You'll learn to appreciate normal life a lot more.. hang in there.. it'll be worth it!

Anyone else find that they have good weeks and bad weeks? I had raging insomnia and hip pain for a few weeks...it went away and I felt pretty good. Then I got insomnia again plus the cold...it went away for a few days, was replaced by extreme swelling...then finally THAT went away and I've had a four day stretch where I've felt awesome.

At least I have good days mixed in with the bad! It's my third pregnancy and I seem to be selectively remembering that the other two weren't so bad at the end!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

I've sort of had that. I had a few good days and now things are bad again. I'm back to feeling nauseous all the time and I'm starting to get low level contractions and crampy pain on and off through out the day. It makes me feel ready to have her already, since we're now term.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Absolutely.

I don't know about you, but I was in the bathroom stall the other day and it dawned on me that I'm dreading getting AF back! I'm so not ready for pad hell and crampy pains once a month. I *really* hope BF holds off AF's return for at least 4-6 months. This has been a nice reprieve...other goopy excretions and all.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsmama View Post
    Absolutely.

I don't know about you, but I was in the bathroom stall the other day and it dawned on me that I'm dreading getting AF back! I'm so not ready for pad hell and crampy pains once a month. I *really* hope BF holds off AF's return for at least 4-6 months. This has been a nice reprieve...other goopy excretions and all.
    Last time I nursed without AF for 11 months. It was so awesome. I hope I have something similar this time because I have no pain tolerance for cramps- for at least 6 months pp.

But get ready for PP pad hell anyway. For about a week or so. I didn't have the awful cramps after my first, but I did after the last 3. They feel like early active labor for about 2 weeks.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    Anyone else find that they have good weeks and bad weeks? I had raging insomnia and hip pain for a few weeks...it went away and I felt pretty good. Then I got insomnia again plus the cold...it went away for a few days, was replaced by extreme swelling...then finally THAT went away and I've had a four day stretch where I've felt awesome.
    I totally remember that. Definitely some good weeks & some other kind.