Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default what color is DD's room?

While DD would love nothing more than a pink room, I just cant imagine having a room with pink walls (they are currently a very boring beige). Her nursery was green (that light green in all the catalogs.

Just curious, what color are your DDs rooms? I need ideas. Maybe a half pink room with chair rail?

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Butter yellow. I couldn't stomach pink.
    We have a lot of primary sheets, etc, left over from DS so the yellow coordinates nicely. There is plenty of pink in blankets/pictures on the wall/etc to make it apparent that this is a girl's room.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

I couldn't take pink on the walls either. I chose a light blue with lilac undertones. I got the inspiration from pictures of French little girls bedroom. It (and DD's room) is lively with plenty of pink, lavender, blue, green, etc in the accessories. The furniture is mostly white. I think it looks fabulous (if I do say so myself) and not too matchy-matchy or trendy.
    DD '06
    DD '14

I dont have a DD, but I love the look of rooms painted a fun color on the bottom with a chair rail and then something neutral.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

light yellow, white furniture, this multicolor rug - no pink at all, which now breaks her heart.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD's is a rich cream. She has pink and taupe accents in her room. The painters were wondering why we weren't doing pink since she's a girl, but I too didn't want all pink walls. Maybe a super, super light pink.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD has a room with Khaki colored walls- we didn't know the gender before she arrived! Our theme was the Alphabet Soup, which is more bright colors (red/blue/green) that goes with it. So DD probably has accents with red the most- not alot of pink! I think she has one blanket that we bought her last Xmas that is pink!!!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD started with lavender walls. We recently repainted some rooms in prep for our new baby and she decided she was too old for lavender and now has a beautiful turquoise blue room.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

DD's room is light yellow with stripes of yellow/light pink/pink under the chair rail. I got the idea from an old episode of Divine Design. I found a picture here (4th picture from the top): http://home-aholic.com/inspirational-decor/

Pakin

DS 4/2001
    DD 6/2005

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Her first room was a medium yellow, which looked fab with turquoise accents. We've now moved a few times and are getting ready to paint, and she'd dearly love purple walls.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast