Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

pale yellow on top, white chair rail, crazy bright orange on bottom, and a pale blue ceiling. Sounds crazy, but I love it. They are almost 5 and have never complained about the colors. I don't think they realize changing it is an option!

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is a picture of our playroom (we call it playroom because no one sleeps there, but it is considered the girls room). I dont think you can tell the color well from photos but it is creamy peach. I had them custom mix the color until it looked like what I wanted. I am very happy with how it came out because I wanted exactly a peach - not cream or pink.
    After the room was done in peach I then painted the silhouettes of my DDs in a beige color that I wanted to be very neutral as to resemble shadows.
    Let me tell you it really worked-for the first few days after Id done it I would see the shadows with my side vision and think the girls were IN the room!

I have to tell you that the room I did previously for the girls was in fact very pink-and it was stunning. I LOVED it. (can dig up a pic) You just have to choose the right pink. And of course really pick the appropriate accessories...for example we had a plain white canopy hanging over the bed in a sheer voile, and it really broke up the pink of the room and gave it a fresh and magical feel.

Before the pink room, back when we just had DD1 I did her room in a pretty blue, with ocean theme. It was calming but I have to say I prefer the warmer colors such as pinks and peaches and creams- there is something about the atmosphere of the room that I like when the color is on the warmer side.

I do love lavender though! (have never painted with it)
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD1's room is "Thinking Chair Pink" (her choice), a shade between baby pink and bubble gum. I definitely would not have picked that color, but it has grown on me. The furniture and trim are dark wood and the bedding/accents/window treatments are a white background with pink, red and green ladybugs and dragonflies.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow - love the look of your room. How did you do the shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post
    This is a picture of our playroom (we call it playroom because no one sleeps there, but it is considered the girls room). I dont think you can tell the color well from photos but it is creamy peach. I had them custom mix the color until it looked like what I wanted. I am very happy with how it came out because I wanted exactly a peach - not cream or pink.
    After the room was done in peach I then painted the silhouettes of my DDs in a beige color that I wanted to be very neutral as to resemble shadows.
    Let me tell you it really worked-for the first few days after Id done it I would see the shadows with my side vision and think the girls were IN the room!

I have to tell you that the room I did previously for the girls was in fact very pink-and it was stunning. I LOVED it. (can dig up a pic) You just have to choose the right pink. And of course really pick the appropriate accessories...for example we had a plain white canopy hanging over the bed in a sheer voile, and it really broke up the pink of the room and gave it a fresh and magical feel.

Before the pink room, back when we just had DD1 I did her room in a pretty blue, with ocean theme. It was calming but I have to say I prefer the warmer colors such as pinks and peaches and creams- there is something about the atmosphere of the room that I like when the color is on the warmer side.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    light yellow, white furniture, this multicolor rug - no pink at all, which now breaks her heart.
    GREAT rug! Sprog's room is based on those colors as well. The walls are a kind of muddy sage green. I think it's call Green Tea. With white trim.

Blech, pink. But someday, I'm willing! My parents let me fully decorate my bedroom a couple times in life and it meant a lot to me. I would paint pink if that's what she chooses. Shudder.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Very pale yellow before she was born (we didn't know the gender), switched it up to a green after a few months, changed it to lavender when she got her big girl bed, did the lavender again at our new house but it didn't work as well in that room, and now we're back to yellow--a beautiful buttery yellow (BM's Windham Cream). Her furniture is white, and her bedding is primarily yellow and pink, with some various greens and blues and purples in the embroidery. Curtains are primarily pink with a little bit of green in them. I love it! I'm bringing in pink through the accents (the curtains, a gorgeous mirror that I painted, her Anywhere chair), and I couldn't be happier with the room.

That said, I think if she wants pink, there are some beautiful ones out there that would be darling.
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Boring eggshell.

But I had a pink room as a girl that I loved, and even painted the living room at our first house a very soft pink.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Wow - love the look of your room. How did you do the shadows?
    thank you i really love it too because it feels very very peaceful in there.

the shadows-i was going to draw them free hand at first, but then i kept trying to draw the profiles (with pencil first) and it just was not looking perfect to me and i kept erasing with eraser and the wall was starting to look bad. So i painted over that to get a fresh start and then i printed out portraits of the girls in profile. I shoot a lot, so i had many pictures to choose from-i made the photos the right size then printed them out and cut out. Then traced on the wall. Then I drew the rest free hand.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    light yellow, white furniture, this multicolor rug - no pink at all, which now breaks her heart.
    i love that rug

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post

that room is beautiful. wow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast