Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Lego storage - small

DS has several sets of the Lego City and he is going to get more for his birthday and Christmas. We needed a better way to store them, so this is what we came up with.

DS helped me sort everything by colour - it's his lego and this is how he wanted to do it, so we're going to try it. We have a container for wheels, one for people, one for accessories - like all the little tools the lego mechanics have. We used a combination of the Target generic and Ziplock containers, and a couple of large pencil boxes from Target I'm going to put all the instructions in a binder with plastic sleeves, as suggested in the organization ideas thread, and the folder will go in here too.

Lids off

Lids on

It's all in a large underbed box from Ikea that will go under his bed. It means we might have to pull it out and take it into the family room as that is where the train table is, but he might just build in his room?? I don't know yet, but it's the only place we have with enough room. If it doesn't work in the underbed box, I'll put the containers somewhere else. DH will be happy as he is usually the one that builds with DS and he gets frustrated if he can't find the piece.

I'll update with how it's working out, as I know lego is the bane of many families.
    Last edited by niccig; 10-02-2010 at 03:39 PM.