Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have 1 ringsling, 1 pouch, 1 meitai, 1 stretchy Mobyish wrap, 1 Storch, and 1 ergo. I should probably admit that I use the ergo almost 100% of the time now. Once my babies are okay to go on the back, that's what I use. I do take out the Storch once in a while when I'm at home, just for fun, and to make sure I haven't completely forgotten how to use it; otherwise I'm all for ease and efficiency. And staying dry
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    Ones I actually use:
    Beco Butterfly II - my favorite and has the infant seat that you like SwissAir
    Is it true that the Beco is better for shorter people? I heard that, so I never bothered trying one.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Awe, this thread is making me sad, as I used to have a ton of carriers but now that DD2 is almost 2, and we're not sure of if there will be any more babies in the future, I sold most of them

I still have my Action Baby Carrier and just recently got a Boba. Loved the ABC from about 8 mos. right up until I got my Boba when she was 20 mos. But now after wearing the Boba it is so much more comfortable! DD2 is quite the little wiggle worm, so as she gets bigger she leans more and that pulls on my neck and shoulders when she is in the ABC. I wore it for the first time last week since I got the Boba and decided that it is either going up for sale or getting loaned to a friend! I definately got lots of use out of it for a year though.

I had several ring slings, 2 mei tais (Baby Hawk, CatBird Baby), Slinglings pouch sling, Kangaroo Korner mesh pouch, and tried wraps when DD2 was first born, and ended up using the mei tais and pouch sling the most. Also tried a Patapum Todder (too big for me) and an AngelPack SCC recently. With DD1 I had a handmade Moby, handmade ringsling, Snugli, and Playtex Hip Hammock. I didn't wear her nearly as much as I wore DD2!

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I'm definitely not parting with any of those given that rumor about a widespread recall on all baby carriers!
    Hmmm....hadn't thought about that when I sold all my other carriers and now I'm wondering if maybe I should hold onto my ABC in case we decide to adopt in the next few years. I'd love to adopt a little one but DH wants an older toddler, so my Boba would be fine then. But who knows if/when we will do that and we certainly could use the money now if I can sell it!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Currently, I've got two, an EllaRoo wrap and an ErgoBaby.

I am really considering an Ergo Performance for DH because the fabric is wick-away and the strap padding is sleeker than the original and the Sport. Also, the chest/back strap is a lot easier to slide up/down than on the regular one. The sole drawback to the Performance, in my opinion, is that it's not compatible with the hip-extender belt, which might be an issue for DH if he doesn't lose any weight.

I'm looking into a Beco Gemini for a friend who's talking about TTC #2. (She had a Bjorn, so she gave up on babywearing with her first. Sad, really.)

Both carriers spend most of their time in my car - I use them to go shopping. (Except to the mall. The stroller is more practical if I'm shopping for myself!)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Default Carriers

Let's see I have the following:

Ergo
    Robyn's Nest BB SV
    Bamberoo HB SV
    Perfect Papoose
    Dream Carrier
    Moby Wrap
    Ring Sling

I'm also awaiting the following:

Kanga XT
    Bamberoo HB

Rebekah
    BTW, this is all for my 1 year old!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just 2 here. I have a bjorn, which I might as well just chuck because I doubt I'll ever use it again. And, I have an ergo. Next time around, I want to get a moby.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    Just 2 here. I have a bjorn, which I might as well just chuck because I doubt I'll ever use it again. And, I have an ergo. Next time around, I want to get a moby.
    Do it!!!!

A wrap may have a bit of a learning curve, but it's SO worth it in my opinion!

(In fact, I am going to teach my SIL and brother how to use their Moby wraps sometime later this month.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sold my moby while pg this time around. Replaced w/ a baby K'tan
    Maya
    hemp fleece pouch sling (mom and me creations...my very first sling from 7 years ago!)
    ergo
    Kozy mei tei
    solarveil ring sling

I should sell the k'tan now but I still use most of the others for different scenarios. I use the back carry a lot with DS2 since I have two other kids, so DS2 is in the mei tei or ergo a lot.

DH has his own fleece pouch sling. He loves it and has had it since DS1 was a newborn. He also uses the mei tei and Ergo with DS2.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

In order of purchase:

Kelty Kangaroo - hand me down, never used
    Kelty Frame pack - also hand me down, for hiking, theoretically
    Moby D Wrap - For newborn stage
    SlingLing - Lives in the diaper bag
    Pikolo - For front carries mostly from 4-10 months, DH still uses it a lot
    Beco II - For back carries
    SevenEveryday Pouch Sling - Recent order to supplement SlingLing, in the process of exchanging for a bigger size

DH also has a SlingLing.

After reading this thread I no longer feel like I have too many. If I don't count the unused hand-me-downs, I could maybe justify another one with a new baby???
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3