Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default *stay in stay in stay in stay in stay in....

34 and 1/2 weeks. Right when I dumped big sister on her head. I know that's not super early by any means - but I'd really like this one to stay in at least 37 weeks. Of course that would be right at DD's birthday, and I don't want to mess that up...not that I have any say in the matter. Any one else drop one early and then have the next one go full term?
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

My son was born at 37 weeks exactly (water broke) and my daughter held out a week later.

I'm due a week before you and was worried about possibly going early this weekend (DH is out of town) but my doctor told me I am carrying so high, she doesn't think that's likely to happen and suspects I have at least a 37-38 weeker again.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I started to go into mini labor at 35 weeks with DD2. I made the mistake of going and getting my toes done and got a leg massage. That night I had mini contractions and so the dr. sent me to the hospital and they gave me some evil drug to stop the contractions, which worked but it was caffeine and it kept me up most of the night. So really my only advice is don't get your toes painted or if you do be adament that you do not get a leg massage (I should've remembered that). Also stay off the exercise ball. A friend of mine delivered both her girls at 35 weeks or so after exercising on the ball.

Both my girls were early. DD1 was 37 weeks/5 days, and DD2 was 38 weeks/6 days.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I made the mistake of going and getting my toes done and got a leg massage.
    I had no idea! I wanted to get my toes done tomorrow too. I didn't know a leg massage could trigger labor. How on earth does that work?
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nflygirl View Post
    I had no idea! I wanted to get my toes done tomorrow too. I didn't know a leg massage could trigger labor. How on earth does that work?
    I didn't know either! I just got a spa gift card and was thinking of going for a massage before I have this baby. Mistake?
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I So really my only advice is don't get your toes painted or if you do be adament that you do not get a leg massage (I should've remembered that). Also stay off the exercise ball. A friend of mine delivered both her girls at 35 weeks or so after exercising on the ball.
    This is what I definitely think put me into labor on my due date (the pedicure with leg massage).
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Awww no! Guess I'll just have to go for the soak and polish.
    As far as the gift cert thing, call the spa and see if they have anyone qualified in maternal massage. If not, at least you can look forward to it after you have your little one.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pressure points in the feet, not in the legs. Never worked at all for me. I sat on an exercise ball daily the 3rd trimester to ensure good fetal positioning. My boys stayed put till after 41w. None of those wives' tales meant anything. I had a pedicure when pg with both boys in the last weeks (like 39w) with both and had the works.

Beth

sending you "sticky baby" dust! GL!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

My first was born at exactly 37 weeks, and my second stayed put till 41 weeks.

Stay in there a bit longer baby!
    DSS biggest by far
    DD littler
    DS littlest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast