Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Challenge: Clothes

Our next Clean Sweep challenge is Clothes.

I know there are piles of clothes somewhere in your house. Maybe it is laundry that needs to be folded, outgrown clothes that need to be sorted and stored, or a closet that is about to explode.

This is a more involved challenge, so just tackle as much as you think you can do. Let's make the due date a little longer as well - say Friday Oct 15.

Good luck everyone...

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm in! I started sorting through clothes to donate and never finished, so now I have a big basket of clothes to go through sitting in my bedroom, I feel guilty every morning when I look at it. There's a lot that I haven't worn in ages, same with shoes. DS closet is pretty organized, it's just mine that need a little work.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I definitely need to make a move on this project...not too hard to find the motivation since I'm in the nesting phase. DS has his own wardrobe, and we don't have space for another in our small 2br-apartment. I had to purchase 3-tier shelves in the meantime to organize DD-on-the-way's clothes. She has way too many clothes for the first 6 months than I remember DS having. We'll probably upgrade to another wardrobe set for DD after we move to a larger place next year, but I definitely need to find more ways to store all the girly clothes in a smaller, organized space. In the meantime, I'm using the shelves & shared closet area for the girly baby clothing.

I also have to sort through DS's clothing that he has recently outgrown. I'll probably store them in the plastic bins I have from Target.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Just 2.5 years ago, I had a horrendous clothes problem! I had kept all of DS1's and DD's clothes for kid #3 and since we didn't know boy/girl, it was all saved. Once DS2 was born, and we were done with kids, I started selling it off. I am finally caught up and am just selling last year's fall/winter stuff now. I don't have extra sizes.

I also buy most of their clothes at mom2mom sales, which are in spring and fall. This year, since I was mostly organized, I actually got out their stuff before shopping. I knew how many of what size to buy. Then, 2 weekends ago, I changed them over from summer to fall and it was pretty easy! I now keep it to 1 bin for DS1 and DD and a few for DS2. I sell most of DS1's stuff, but keep the harder to find used things, like jeans, pajamas, character shirts.

I do need to sort through all of the stuff waiting to be sold. I'm selling on Oct 16, so the deadline for this is perfect. I have 6 bins to go through and sort by size and make sure there aren't any stains. I am hoping to be done by the end of this weekend.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Inadvertently I participated! I went through all the clothes in ds2's room. I have been tossing outgrown clothes into a basket (heaping pile) in the corner of his room. He will be 3 in 2 months and there were clothes in that pile from when he was 3mo. Pitiful. But they are now all sorted, neatly folded and waiting to be given to an expectant friend.

My room is a joke at the moment- mountains of clean laundry! I will get to it this weekend if not sooner. I can't find anything.

Beth

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I finally brought up DH's laundry from the basement laundry room yesterday. That counts, right?!

I tried to sort Jelly Bean's outgrown clothes, but the nap didn't last long enough.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

Hi. My name is Ivy and I have an addiction.

To Clothes.

And it's a problem now bc I have clothes everywhere. In sizes (0-4) I'll never see again. And they are hand-knitted dresses, pendleton suits, etc., that I still love and can't replace.

ACK. But they are cluttering my house and my mind.

I need an intervention.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am pretty good about weeding out clothes for DH and I ask I change our closets for each season and for the kids, as soon as DS3 outgrows something, it goes into a pile giveaway pile.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I am pretty good about weeding out clothes for DH and I ask I change our closets for each season and for the kids, as soon as DS3 outgrows something, it goes into a pile giveaway pile.
    That's me, too. Except DS's stuff goes to the plastic containers in our storage because we're not done having kids yet.

However I have a confession to make, I have not made ANY progress on this challenge, the basket of clothes to sort for donation is still sitting in my bedroom. DS has been sick so he's not been to school in 10 days, now I'm sick, too, and I have a TON of work and working with DS here is impossible (I WAH), DH is out of town until next Friday, my mom is out of town (she usually helps me watch DS when I have to work). So the clothes thing has dropped to the bottom of my priority list.

Deadline is the 15th right? I have an important work deadline on tuesday, so after that I will follow through with the clothes challenge, I promise!
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks to my nesting overdrive I already finished this in my closet two days ago!

I threw out a bunch of old tees/tanks/pj's that were just no good anymore, and got rid of the home clothes I wouldnt be able to nurse in since they will be useless to me for the next 2-3 years.

I was able to create new space in the closet by switching some stuff around, and it now feels more spacious. I then added an ikea billy bookcase which I stocked with diapers,bra pads and maternity pads.

I was very happy with my work

Then I designed something in my head and made it happen. I built a tiny rod for the tiny baby clothes that were too cute to put away in the dresser. I built the rod so it runs above the dresser along the wall and hung all the tiny adorable clothes on it. It has some silky vintage dresses hanging on it and is now one of the prettiest corners in the room

Now I have the girls closet left, which I recently rearranged as well to maximize its potential. I need to go through and put away warm clothes and pull out cold weather stuff..
    Ill be doing that as soon as the weather decides what it wants to do-its close to 90's here again!
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast