Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomom1121 View Post
    Did you have pain from the tubal? That is another option I'm considering but wonder about the pain. I've had 3 c-sections and if it's anything like that I'm not doing it.
    The Essure procedure worked, I did not have to have a tubal. Laparoscopic tubals are a lot less to recover from than c-sections, according to my OB. I did have a c-section because of twins, and was not worried in the least bit about recovery if I had to have a tubal done that way. I think it is 2-3 incisions that are less than an inch long each, but I'm not sure as it was 8 months or so ago when I talked about it with my OB, and I didn't really research it further because I assumed the Essure would take.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    I would not get Depo and would tell your OB "I do not want Depo - I want to take BCP for 3 months (or Nuvaring) until the scar tissue is built up."

Remember that the Dr. is not your medical boss. YOU are your own best advocate in these types of situations and it's important to be firm and speak up about what you want to take.

Because really - the end goal is the same for both of you "Reliable birth control until Essue is finished working." Who knows why your OB is pushing Depo (which can have really bad side effects you're stuck with until the shot wears off) - perhaps the Pharmaceutical rep just came through and was talking it up and she hasn't had someone from a BCP company in for awhile. It could be something as simple as that and IMO it's no reason to do something you reacted to poorly in the past.
    Her reasoning is not for the birth control aspect...it somehow makes it easier to see for the insertion of the coils (I don't remember her exact explanation). I'm definitely leaning towards not doing it though.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No way would I do Depo. Not worth the potential crappy side effects.

My sister has Essure. She got it years ago. She's the little * in the pamphlet b/c it took twice as long as it was supposed to to be effective. She's still really happy. She didn't have to go under but they did something for anesthesia.

Beth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2