Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Cybex or Maclaren?

My husband and I are looking for a more lightweight stroller for our son. We previously had a huge jogger and we never used it.

We tried out a Maclaren Triumph at babies r us (the only baby store in a 90 mile radius). DS loved it and we liked how lightweight it was. We planned to buy it, even though I was nervous about the tiny basket and almost non-existent canopy. I found a Cybex Callisto on overstock.com for less than we would pay for a maclaren triumph. I really love everything about this stroller except that it is several pounds heavier than the Triumph.

I have been kicking this back and forth and cannot decide. This stroller will be the last one we buy for DS so we want to make the right decision. We are just nervous about buying something without being able to see it or try it out. Our budget is definitely no more than the price of a Mac Triumph. We also want to be able to use this with our next child (which we dont have yet, and dont know when we will be TTC). Trunk space is not an issue, and I am willing to spend money on a slightly heavier stroller if it really is worth it.

TIA

ETA: the only reason we never looked at something like th Callisto initially is because of the price point. But now that it is cheaper than a Triumph and is fuller featured I am wondering if it is the smarter choice...
    Last edited by Reyadawnbringer; 10-09-2010 at 11:59 AM.

The weight limit on the callisto is only 44 lbs, not the higher number quoted elsewhere. That is straight from the info with the stroller. I guess people can't convert.

Not sure how old your son is, but if nearing that limit, I would go with a mac. My DD preferred the quest over the triumph because of the deeper seat on the quest.

I do LOVE my Callisto better than my Quest however.

Strollerqueen review

Baby gizmo video review

mamabargains demo video of the oynx(quest-like). She starts the video by sitting in the stroller. Unless your offspring are destined for the NFL 44lbs should be a good weight limit. My 35 lbs 3 year old fits in the Topaz great and the push is still fantastic. I think the Callisto would be a great buy. The only drawback is the lack of a peekaboo window.

Major difference is the size of the strollers. Please note: I didn't say the weight (even though it is different as well) Cybex strollers are very tall, comparable to maclaren techno.

note mamabargains review: she fits in the stroller very well! There's a lot of torso room, for a very tall child. It also means, that when folded that stroller will be a bit longer than a mac, and might not fit well in some cars with smaller trunks.

I also don't know how well made these are, and how well will they last (can certainly speak for durability of a mac). At the same time, since this is a super deal, it's less of an issue.

Side note: if you still want a mac, buy it at a store other than BRU. Albeebaby site has a mac triumph on sale for 109 right now. Good deal from approved supplier (you get the warranty)

Good luck!

I second not buying at BRU. I think the BRU macs don't come with a rain cover.

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just saw the same promo on overstock and just purchased the cybex callisto. I've read some great reviews so I hope it's as nice as what others have said!

Yea, I talked it over with DH and we pulled the trigger on a Cybex callisto. Our reasoning is that we would have to buy a Maclaren Techno to meet all the features of the Callisto and we were able to get all those features for less than our original price point.

I hope it is everything that the reviews have made it out to be. I read Strollerqueens review and SP 2.0 looked super comfy in it. She gave it a royal 5 crown rating, so I don't think I have much to worry about. I mean sure, I am not getting super lightweight and compact fold, but on the other hand, I am getting a full featured premium umbrella for less than I was looking to spend and I didn't have to compromise the features (I think) I need.

Now I just can't wait for it to get here
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Come back and give us your first impressions when you get it.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Elle, I just bought the Cybex Callisto too! Will post with an update when it arrives. I'm so excited!!!!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    I had not seen this review! What a beautiful shade of purple! Looks very comfy.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast