Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Longevity

As for longevity, I'm not sure how the Macs handles heavier children, but my 14mth old is already 30lbs and the Callisto steers so easily (one hand also) and I don't feel his heavier weight. I compare this to a Silvercross Fizz which I loved for mall shopping until recently... I feel the weight when pushing him and steering now requires 2 hands. I've been pushing both since he was about 20-22lbs.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Malvernmom View Post
    As for longevity, I'm not sure how the Macs handles heavier children, but my 14mth old is already 30lbs and the Callisto steers so easily (one hand also) and I don't feel his heavier weight. I compare this to a Silvercross Fizz which I loved for mall shopping until recently... I feel the weight when pushing him and steering now requires 2 hands. I've been pushing both since he was about 20-22lbs.

HTH
    woohoo Glad to hear someone else is here to back up my claims. The Topaz pushes great with my 35 lbs 3 year old too. Sometimes I wish I had sprung for the Callisto instead. I am more of a one bar handle kinda gal.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Strollerqueen's review makes me want to sell my triumph for a callisto. Looks sweet. I really want to hear what you guys think of them when you get them.

Yes please, me too! I'm debating if it'd be worth it to spring for the extra $$$ for the Techno over the Callisto, or if I'd be just as happy with the Callisto.... I'm seriously tempted to buy both just to do a good side by side and then return the one I don't want!

Quote Originally Posted by nikamama View Post
    Yes please, me too! I'm debating if it'd be worth it to spring for the extra $$$ for the Techno over the Callisto, or if I'd be just as happy with the Callisto.... I'm seriously tempted to buy both just to do a good side by side and then return the one I don't want!
    I am not sure you would be able to return an overstock one because its a closeout (unless there its defective). Otherwise though.... I would love to see a side by side picture of the two.

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I LOVE my Callisto. Yeah, I broke down and got it. I love that it's not too heavy. I think it's very comparable to a BJCM, and I throw it in and out of the car. My two favorite things about it are the leg rest, and the manueverability. It is very easy to walk with it in narrow aisles. I don't regret purchasing it at all. My friend got a Callisto so she can use it with her 7 week old. She reclines it all the way, and uses a snuzzler.
    Also, for those wondering....it fits well (folded up, of course) in a small car. I drive a Corolla and have no problems putting it in the trunk with a few groceries.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    woohoo Glad to hear someone else is here to back up my claims. The Topaz pushes great with my 35 lbs 3 year old too. Sometimes I wish I had sprung for the Callisto instead. I am more of a one bar handle kinda gal.
    The one handle bar thing is *exactly* why I chose the Callisto over the Topaz. I justified it by getting the Chili instead of the Berry which was $10 more.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by Malvernmom View Post

HTH
    Macs are known for their amazing push, especially with larger children. That said, the deals on the Cybex's are great. They are said to only be rated to 35 lbs, but obviously that's probably incorrect.
    Anyway, the Macs are workhorses and last forever and have great resale value. The steering and push on my Macs are fantastic and I got great deals on mine, however I would definitely jump on the Cybex deals if I needed an umbrella right now...

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Anyway, the Macs are workhorses and last forever and have great resale value. The steering and push on my Macs are fantastic and I got great deals on mine, however I would definitely jump on the Cybex deals if I needed an umbrella right now...
    See, there's the conundrum right there! I'm just wondering if there will be any deals to be had on the 2010 Techno any time soon. Did they just roll out the 2010s, or will the 2011s be coming out towards the end of the year? I can certainly wait a month or two if so.

Or, I could always just purchase both....

I am so excited for mine to come I was UPSET that UPS tracking showed it in my state a mere 5 hrs away this morning and it still never made it here by the end of the day... LOL yes, I am that bad.

We recently unloaded two of DS's crappy strollers (the only ones we had) and I am so excited to get our new one! I wanted to get the purple one, but DH insisted on the blue one
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast