Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm hooked on some old British comedies--Keeping up Appearances, the Young Ones, Vicar of Dilby, AbFab, ... I have a total crush on the guy from Hamish Macbeth (Robert Carlyle) and love that show. I really liked Changing Rooms (never liked the U.S. version) and What not to Wear (hated the U.S. version)...

Dexter is awesome.

they are great comedies! especially Keeping Up appearances, my mum is EXACTLY like Hyacinth Bucket!!!

Haha, my mum is EXACTLY like Hyaciinth Bucket on Keeping Up Appearences!!!

Welcome to the boards!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by karenbobbo View Post
    they are great comedies! especially Keeping Up appearances, my mum is EXACTLY like Hyacinth Bucket!!!
    Oh dear.

BAck in my college days, I spent a summer studying lit in London & Oxford. I got to see Patricia Rutledge in Importance of Being Ernest. Wow!

All US television went digital last year but we didn't bother - so no connection for us. But it's no loss - our screen time is mostly watching British tv series checked out from our local library.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Welcome to BBB!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Hi, and welcome I'm one of a number of posters from Canada. I don't know if we have any other posters living in England but I do believe there is one mom in France and one in Germany amongst others.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Hello everyone and thankyou for the warm welcome.
    tell me, where is all the fun on these message boards? im interested in chatting and talking about fun stuff!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    I'm hooked on some old British comedies--Keeping up Appearances, the Young Ones, Vicar of Dilby, AbFab, ... I have a total crush on the guy from Hamish Macbeth (Robert Carlyle) and love that show. I really liked Changing Rooms (never liked the U.S. version) and What not to Wear (hated the U.S. version)...

Dexter is awesome.
    Have you ever seen A Rising Damp? It's one of my favorites. I love British TV too, though i think I can be a bit of an anglophile sometimes.

Oh, and I just watched an amazing British miniseries political thriller called State of Play that was out of this world amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    Have you ever seen A Rising Damp? It's one of my favorites. I love British TV too, though i think I can be a bit of an anglophile sometimes.

Oh, and I just watched an amazing British miniseries political thriller called State of Play that was out of this world amazing!
    heehee Im the total opposite, i find british tele fairly boring (with a few exceptions) and i far prefer American tele!

Ive always had a bit of a love affair with America though Ive never been, the country just fascinates me. My husband applied for a job in Schaumberg Illinois, unfortunately it never panned out. I was sooooooooooo excited at the thought of moving there though I would miss my family here so much. he keeps looking at the internal jobs boards incase anythng else comes up in the states.

Can i ask, what age do kids start proper school in the US? In England they tend to start informal nursery school at age 3 then at age 4 they start "proper" school wich is called Reception.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast