Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post

If they are too slippery you can roll them in crushed cherrios first.
    Or the left over rice cereal that my boys would never eat.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by C&C's mom View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the ideas! I am just scared that she will choke on the finger foods! I am just being a scared mom!
    FWIW Gill Rapley's book Baby Led Weaning really put me at ease with the whole choking thing and introducing solid foods in general. We ended up doing the BLW thing full blown because DS wasn't allowed purees/solids until 6 mo old due to his allergies. But either way, her info on choking was totally enlightening to me.

The webpage has quite a bit of info, too. http://babyledweaning.com/

If you're like me and can't wait to get your hands on the book, try the local library. Ours had it. Its a quick read. I think I finished it in a couple days. I hit the important chapters (reading to my DH in the car) during one Saturday of errands.

Good Luck!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I was worried too

Quote Originally Posted by C&C's mom View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the ideas! I am just scared that she will choke on the finger foods! I am just being a scared mom!
    I printed out infant choking instructions and read through them with my husband then kept them on the fridge. I also made extra sure to sit beside DS while he was eating finger foods instead of continuing to prepare dinner, etc.

He went through a "chipmunk" phase where he would try to pack everything in front of him in mouth all at once so we did a lot of handing him one tiny piece at a time.

Once you've introduced a lot of foods you'll realize almost any adult food can be a finger food if you cook it right and cut it up. We use a pizza cutter all the time to make little strips of things.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DebbieJ
    If they are too slippery you can roll them in crushed cherrios first.

Awesome idea! Would have never thought of this!
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

pizza cutter is a great idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2