Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love the Cat in the Hat costume! I think that's a great idea!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyeGail View Post
    I did have Noah try on the Scooby-Doo costume, Jo was upstairs in their room, his reaction was sort of: 'hmmmm, ok....' he kept looking at Noah's face. It helped me realize Jo would get a kick out seeing someone in the costume but never wear it himself. Phew! I would have been fine with 2 boys dressed like Scooby-Doo, , but I think I'll do Jonas in a Shaggy look so they will 'match', I think it will be cute!--maybe get a Thomas the Train on the side.
    I think the Shaggy costume is a great idea. My DS with autism will not wear a costume so we usually figure out someting he can be while wearing regular clothes. In the past couple of years we have done train engineer (overalls, red shirt, bandana & hat), and Charlie Brown (jeans and the gold with black zigzag shirt). We don't know yet what he will be this year.

DS loves halloween for the pumpkins, but isn't really big on the trick-or-treating. He enjoys it for a little while, but then gets to the point where he has had enough. Last year he and his Daddy went TnTing for about 40 minutes. When they came home, DS handed me the bag of candy and asked, "Can I have a cucumber for a snack now?"
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My motto: you can NEVER have too many hats.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    I love the Cat in the Hat costume! I think that's a great idea!
    I like it too, not that I'm a fan, but I think the boys would like it and since our town does 'downtown shops' TnT, other kids might a kick out of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gena View Post
    I think the Shaggy costume is a great idea.

DS loves halloween for the pumpkins, but isn't really big on the trick-or-treating. He enjoys it for a little while, but then gets to the point where he has had enough. Last year he and his Daddy went TnTing for about 40 minutes. When they came home, DS handed me the bag of candy and asked, "Can I have a cucumber for a snack now?"
    OMG, I love that!! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait until Jo talks more. I hope I can find some flare pants and olive tee. (I may end up buying some girl flare pants, but no one will know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Uno-Mom View Post
    My motto: you can NEVER have too many hats.
    Thats Noah's too! He has 5 baseball caps, when we went by Gap during the 40% sale he just had to get a hat he saw. It looks like a old fashioned golfer hat, he loves it, ROFL!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2