tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What have you gotten rid of lately?

What have you tossed, recycled, given away, sold, etc. in the last two-ish weeks.

Green plastic garden edging (Freecycle)
    Baby onesies (Freecycle)
    Crummy clock radio (waiting for Freecycle pickup)
    Huge load of glass for recycling
    Couple of hand me downs to a friend

I get a little high every time I take care of something like this. Feels pretty good but still have a long way to go!
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lots of baby stuff. I donated a bunch of things to a fundraiser tag sale, and now I have another pile of stuff for my brother and sil who are expecting their first baby. I also gave away a ton of annoying toys to the fundraiser and funny enough one of my friends bought ALL of the annoying toys I wanted to sell off, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All of my kids currently outgrown clothes, a crib, changing table, many many toys--large and small, crib mattress, 2 bedrails, 3 strollers, 1 superyard playyard, 1 sandbox, 3 bags of adult clothes, 2 computer keyboards, 1 old camera, 10 sets of sheets, 2 bags of towels, 1 carseat. I think there is more also-I can't remember after it taking 2 carloads to fit everything.

I purge 2x a year coinciding with fall and spring consignment shows I do. Honestly, our storage is quite minimal. DH will not allow me to store things in the attic above the bedrooms or in the attic crawlspace above the kitchen (there are 2 x 3's only there and we would have to lay down some boards). He also feels it's a major fire hazzard. 1/3 of our basement is designated storage (we just framed it out). That's it. We have no other room so I literally get rid of whatever I can and only keep the really important stuff).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Not much. But I'm selling at a mom2mom on Saturday and hope to get rid of tons! I have all of last year's winter clothes, some outdoor toys, some indoor toys and games ready to go in the car. And, the last of the baby stuff - gates, booster seats, etc are mostly going as well. Whatever clothes are left, I will likely just donate or freecycle and be done by the end of next week.
    Kris