Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alexmommy View Post
    Really, it's good.

1 batch pizza dough--or buy @ store
    1/2 medium b'nut squash--seeded, peeled, & cut in thin slices
    1 onion, sliced into thin rings
    1/2 to 1 tsp sage (fresh chopped or dried/powdered, as you have/prefer)
    1/2 to 1 tsp rosemary (fresh chopped or dried/powdered as you have/prefer)
    3 T. olive oil
    salt to taste
    Parmesan cheese

Prepare pizza dough, pre-heat oven to 400F. On a cookie sheet, spread squash, onions, 2T of the oil, sage & rosemary & salt. Mix well. Bake for 15-20 min until the squash & onions are well cooked but not charred. Set oven to 425F. (Or as instructed for your pizza crust.) Roll out pizza dough, put on pan. Spread baked squash & onion mixture over pizza dough. Bake for 10 minutes, but watch--bake until the dough is a golden brown. While hot, spread remaining 1T oil over pizza (if you wish) and grate Parmesan cheese over it.

Makes one pizza. Serves, well, for us, two adults, one 18 mo old, with leftovers for one adult. But we eat a lot, and it depends on how thick your crust is.

This may sound like a strange recipe, but it is one of our favorite pizzas. The original recipe is from the cookbook Vegetarian Planet.
    OMG, butternut squash pizza...sounds so yummy i will have to try it! thanx for posting!

and that reminds me, i have the book "Entertaining for a Veggie Planet" by Didi Emmons (same author as Vegetarian Planet) which had some great butternut squash recipes. great book, i need to pull it out and start making some of these recipes again. i really got into this cookbook when i lived in Cambridge, as i used to love going to Didi's restaurant in Harvard Square (a really popular place called Veggie Planet). i remember one of my favorite dishes there was called "Dinner for Henry" (named after Didi's cat) and it was butternut squash, goat cheese, sage and caramelized onions on pizza. it was so yummy i felt like i died and went to heaven!!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Making this tomorrow! It sounds so yummy.

Squash and white bean soup

1 tblspn olive oil
    1 onion chopped
    1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
    1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2in pieces (4 cups)
    5 cups water
    1 tblspn fresh thyme
    kosher salt and black pepper
    2 15oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed
    1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (4 cups)

Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 5-6min. Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3min.

Stir in the squash, thyme, 5 cups water, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and summer until the squash is tender, about 15 mins. Stir in the beans and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 min.

The recipe suggests serving with Parmesan biscuits. Prepare biscuits according to package directions, sprinkling with Parm before baking. Serve with soup.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3