Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I used Preggo Pops, they helped me, and were actually tasty.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So sorry!

With DD1, I was sick EVERY single morning from 5 weeks on until labor. I threw up so violently that I burst blood vessles in my eyes twice.

With DD2, I was sick every day, and nauseated the entire day until labor. With this one I didn't burst eye blood vessles, but I did have petechiae (small bursted blood vessels) all over my face multiple times. I have decided no more children for me unless surrogacy is an option.

Have you tried the motion sickness wrist bands? They really helped me keep it together when I had to be around all the gross smells at work. They are cheap, and not a medication, so worth a shot?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i have tried sea-bands, i wear them all day. i don't wear them at night though bc they're too constricting. i dont' really think they help me much anyway.

the thing is, this goes beyond just feeling nauseaous. i wake up feeling totally fine, then within 15 seconds i suddenly have this *overwhelming* urge to be sick. it's different from the regular waves of nausea during that day that can be stopped by eating something or lying down or whatever. in the morning, it's sudden, overwhelming and NOTHING i do stops it. i've tried eating, drinking a variety of different things, or not eating anything. this morning i woke up at 3am and ate a high-protein snack, thinking that would help, but that didn't stop me from waking up at 6am to puke. argh. this really sucks.

lhafer -a burst blood vessel, eek. i am so sorry you had to go through that. i hope i don't get to that point. i already can't imagine going the whole 40 weeks even just like this. if it is, definitely no more kids for me.

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    but I did have petechiae (small bursted blood vessels) all over my face multiple times.
    Ugh, I have these under my eyes from yesterday's puking sessions (yesterday was not a good day). Had them pretty much every day with DD's pg, but had forgotten about it. My other favorite thing is, throwing up so violently that a teeny bit of pee escapes - how's that for fun?

I was scouring the net yesterday for new/different things to try, without much luck. I'm trying to avoid zofran, b/c I've read some accounts online of heart defects potentially being linked, but I don't think I can tough it out the whole pg this time. Last time I had to be IV hydrated a couple of times - it was awful.

I think I'm going to have to tell my job super early this time, which I really don't want to do obviously, but I'm having a hard time functioning...
    Last edited by Minnifer; 10-19-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ugh so sorry you're dealing with this Minnifer. and as for the peeing, that happened to me during yesterday morning's heaving session (and it wasn't a "tiny" amount either! ). i have never had issues with incontinence, even while pg with DS and after giving birth, so i must have been heaving pretty violently. good times indeed.

didn;t know about the zofran thing. i managed to get by first pg with only taking it every now and then (entire pgncy only took 6 doses), but this time i'm around i'm half way thru my 2nd refill already. i guess what makes it harder this time around is not being able to rest as much or eat properly, due to being busy taking care of a little one.

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

im also 15 weeks along and have had no morning sickness/nausea for the entire first trimester. all of a sudden, 15 weeks hit and ive been nauseous everyday. i dont get it either!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

With DD#2 I had to give up chocolate before my morning sickness went away. Middle of the 2nd trimester and finally figured out what was wrong. With DD#1 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in the 1st trimester that went away in the second and no more vomiting (and blacking out and vertigo).

Good luck,
    Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

kam is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

OMG Minifer, I feel your pain.

I was constantly peeing my pants while vomiting. It was mortifying. I wear poise pads and keep spare undies with me at all times, just in case.

Ms.Pacman -- have you talked to your OB? Zofran worked for me, but I did have to take the max does of colace daily, and I'm annoyed that the OB didn't give me more of it -- 20 pills/bottle to take as needed. I've since learned that if you take it regularly, it works better. So I took it when I was going to die (vomiting 3x/hour), but when I was only feeling like hell and vomiting every 2 hours or so, I didn't take it. Dumb.

I hope you feel better fast!!!!!

Zofran etc didnt work for me, I had ms from week 2-20ish. I feel for you, especially with another LO at home. Ginger Snaps made with real ginger helped me quite a bit, not crackers etc. Make sure you take your vitamins with food too, that all kinds of messed me up. Hope your are feeling less pukey soon!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast