Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I didn't read all the posts, but with DS1, the Unisom (OTC sleep aid) and vitamin B6 combo completely got rid of my morning sickness. The remedy is a half tablet of 25mg of Unisom and 50mg of vitamin B6 taken before bed. As long as I took this every night I was completely free of morning sickness the next day-- which was a must since I was in nursing school full time at this point. Some people get relief from just taking vitamin B6 alone, but I didn't. The only other thing that would eliminate my morning sickness was a coke slurpee from 7-11 (from the coldness and coke syrup), but this only lasted a few hours. Ginger tea, Sea Bands, eating lemony foods, eating something before getting up in the morning, etc did nothing for my morning sickness.

With DS2 I had morning sickness up until 26 weeks. It was worse than what I had with DS1 (which was pretty bad) and the Unisom/B6 combo helped but didn't get rid of it completely. I would also throw up so forcefully that I'd pee my pants (and not just a little)! It would get worse if I went more than 2 hours without eating or if I was in a room that was hotter than 70 degrees (I'm VERY sensitive to heat when pregnant). At 26 weeks my midwives suggested I try drinking dandelion root tea. It's supposed to help support the liver and clear out toxins. My midwife had attended some Mayan midwifery conferance or something and she said they believed that morning sickness after the 1st trimester had to do with the liver not being able to fully function properly. I immediately went out and bought some dandelion root tea at Whole Foods and noticed a HUGE difference in my morning sickness the next day. I continued to drink it daily throughout the rest of my pregnancy. I wish my midwife would have mentioned the tea sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the one I drank-- the Traditional Medicinals brand:

http://www.vitacost.com/Traditional-...F-032917001658
    Last edited by essnce629; 10-26-2010 at 02:24 AM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx everyone for the support and tips. i am feeling much better today. i have been taking small doses of zofran ever since i got home, and have been eating super light. as someone said i think it does help better if i take zofran somewhat regularly rather than just when i feel sick. though yeah that does mean loading up on colace/prune juice. lol

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can completely sympathize and I'm so sorry you still have it at this stage.

Mine went away around 5m. Just to make you laugh, I usually peed myself too when I vomitted.
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4