Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Can we get an update on the Baby Bargains home page?

Hey Mods and A&D. I'm one of those that just goes to www.babybargains.com and then clicks on "message board" to get to the forums. There was a new home page that you couldn't navigate to the boards from and now the old home page is back. Seems an update is in the works. Just wondering if we can get an update as to what we can expect going forward?

-- Fairy
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I second this motion. Thanks!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I've passed on your request to the Fields. I'm curious though - why not bookmark the forum page? I understand if you're on an unfamiliar PC, but I was surprised at the number of people who seem to go through babybargains.com on a regular basis.
    Last edited by missym; 10-19-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    I've passed on your request to the Fields. I'm curious though - why not bookmark the forum page?
    I dont' use bookmarks. On rare occasion, I will, but generally, I memorize and just go where I want. Just a habit, I guess. I do bookmark my Bberry, so that, yes. But on my computer and work computer? No. It is way the heck faster for me to type www.babybargains.com than to go to the stupid star, click in, make sure it's not on history, look for the bookmark, and click. Just been that way for seven years, I don't wanna change :-)

I didn't look too closely at the new home page because I don't ever go to the homepage to get here. I did notice down at the bottom there were lots of little links and one was "community". I bet that would take you here.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I didn't look too closely at the new home page because I don't ever go to the homepage to get here. I did notice down at the bottom there were lots of little links and one was "community". I bet that would take you here.
    I think that's the intent, but it was a broken link.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Since most (all?) of the links were broken, I suspect the developer was playing around with the site and it wasn't really intended to be the "live" release of the new homepage.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

Hi everyone!

Yes, we are about to launch a new web site---we are doing some beta testing now. Our webmaster accidentally pulled back the curtain on the new site before we were ready. Sorry for the confusion.

So the old home page is still up there for now!

We'll have an announcement about this shortly when we are ready to launch!

Thanks,
    alan & denise

Well, I think that's great! I liked what I saw of what was there at the time. Best of luck!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I dont' use bookmarks. On rare occasion, I will, but generally, I memorize and just go where I want. Just a habit, I guess. I do bookmark my Bberry, so that, yes. But on my computer and work computer? No. It is way the heck faster for me to type www.babybargains.com than to go to the stupid star, click in, make sure it's not on history, look for the bookmark, and click. Just been that way for seven years, I don't wanna change :-)
    Huh, I never go through the pages to get where I want to go. I just start typing "wi" and Firefox suggests the main forum page to me as I go there often. Sometimes I click the "most visited link" at the top of my Firefox screen. handy shortcuts for me.

Beth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast