Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Huh, I never go through the pages to get where I want to go. I just start typing "wi" and Firefox suggests the main forum page to me as I go there often. Sometimes I click the "most visited link" at the top of my Firefox screen. handy shortcuts for me.

Beth
    I do the same thing, it's b/c I'm lazy, but honestly I am lost when I am not on my own laptop, b/c of this habit of being lazy...
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I dont' use bookmarks. On rare occasion, I will, but generally, I memorize and just go where I want. Just a habit, I guess. I do bookmark my Bberry, so that, yes. But on my computer and work computer? No. It is way the heck faster for me to type www.babybargains.com than to go to the stupid star, click in, make sure it's not on history, look for the bookmark, and click. Just been that way for seven years, I don't wanna change :-)
    You could make a html page of bookmarks. I have this and have categories for forums, blogs, shopping, news, weather, etc. I have it loaded on the web, so can access it from any computer. It's pretty simple to do, I think. Making the document is fast, but DH uploads it for me. then, I ad it as a link at the top of IE so I push a button and see a nifty, sorted list of my favorites. BBB is top center
    Kris

I dont' use bookmarks. On rare occasion, I will, but generally, I memorize and just go where I want. Just a habit, I guess. I do bookmark my Bberry, so that, yes. But on my computer and work computer? No. It is way the heck faster for me to type www.babybargains.com than to go to the stupid star, click in, make sure it's not on history, look for the bookmark, and click. Just been that way for seven years, I don't wanna change :-)
    This is what I do and it drives DH batty. There is absolutely no way any other process else is going to end up a "shortcut" at this point.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just don't WANNA. I like my way. It works. Not that I don't appreciate the suggestions. Also, from a marketing standpoint, the Fields need to have new readers of their books say, "hmm, I wonder if they have a website" and find the forums from there.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I just don't WANNA. I like my way. It works. Not that I don't appreciate the suggestions. Also, from a marketing standpoint, the Fields need to have new readers of their books say, "hmm, I wonder if they have a website" and find the forums from there.
    I agree. Also, a link to the forums can't be burried at the bottom in the small print. It may as well not be there at all on the page then. And this is coming from a web design POV.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also caught a glimpse of the new site the other day, because I'm another person who goes to babybargains.com and clicks the Message Board from there. BTW, the new look was great!

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    I was surprised at the number of people who seem to go through babybargains.com on a regular basis.
    I sometimes come in through the windsorpeak.com homepage.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

I don't know what my bookmark is - but the "new front page" is making me crazy!
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nflygirl View Post
    I don't know what my bookmark is - but the "new front page" is making me crazy!
    Are you currently having trouble? What do you see?

I have the following page bookmarked. It takes me straight to the baby/toddler forums:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...isplay.php?f=3
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

http://windsorpeak.com/babybargains/ is my bookmark. I know it takes me directly where I don't want to go - I just keep forgetting so I have to backtrack every time.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast