ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How do you organize your refrigerator?

Love all the organize challenges.

We now have side by side refrigerator that came with our new home. It is driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Organizers?

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

I went into frigde frenzy after seeing this...

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organ...942/index.html
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I put the cheese and luncheon meats on top shelf - but I put them in containers eg. one container for meats, one for cheese. So, we just grab both containers to make sandwiches, then put them both back

One shelf for milk/juice

Another shelf has all the tubs - eg. butter tub, whipped cream, yoghurt, hummus

Next shelf is for big bulky items like Baked oatmeal pan.

One drawer for vegies, one drawer of fruit - I line both of these with paper towel.

All the condiments, jams, peanut butter etc go in the door and I try to group those eg. jams/peanut butter/vegemite are together, salad dressings together, soy sauce/chilli sauce together.

Everything else, then just goes in where it fits.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The top shelf leaves a nice tall space for milk and juice jugs and large soda bottles (we don't want the kids to poor their own milk from the gallon jugs so these are nicely out of reach).

Very narrow shelf for eggs, tortillas, flat-ish leftover containers. The middle shelves are in plain sight- so that my husband will reach for leftovers first when looking for something to eat.

Next 2 bottom shelves are for all other leftovers and packaged foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

Top drawer is fresh fruits, vegies and fresh herbs I use for cooking.

Middle drawer is for all meats and cheeses (lunch meats, hot dogs, sliced and shredded cheeses, etc.

Bottom drawer is our "Healthy Snack Drawer." I keep various washed fruit, yogurt sticks, cheese sticks, Bonne Bells, apple sauce containers, etc.

On the door I have all condiments and sauces: maple syrups, jams, jellies, sauces (ketchup, mustard, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, pizza sauce, hot fudge and butterscotch sauces, etc.)

The bottom shelf of the door is for the kids to make their own pb &j sandwiches so: peanut butter, sunbutter, jam, and loaf of bread.

This setup has worked really well for us for the last few years.

ETA: If you have a water and ice dispenser on the front door, I leave a stack of clean ups always next to it so the boys can help themselves to water as much as they like.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 10-19-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Huh? I don't understand the question.......
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson