Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Took the BJCM on its first trip to the mall...

Oh, and the baby too! ;-)

Just wanted to thank everyone in this forum for their excellent advice and willingness to answer all my questions. Our first stroller outing ever was tonight, and I loved every minute of it.

The BJCM steers itself and is SO easy to manuever in stores. I was worried the back wheels would be too wide and I'd regret not getting a Mac after all, but it wasn't a problem. I like how securely our Snugride wedges in, and I live folding it up in front of people. Like a magic trick! We had our Skip Hop Dash clipped to the handles and I felt SO put together and organized. And cool, which is a nice feeling postpartum. :-)
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yay! Isn't it nice to feel put together with a newborn?
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am so impressed that you made it out of the house already! Happy to hear that you like your stroller.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

wow that is awesome! go you! My DD is 1 month old and we just got our new BJCM too! I love everything about it but the storage - I have to do some experimenting with what kind of diaper bag fits...I tried hanging my bag over the handle but with seat reclined and such a tiny baby it felt tippy.

Can't wait to use this stroller more as my baby grows!!!

and congrats LadyPeter on your new little one!

Quote Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
    wow that is awesome! go you! My DD is 1 month old and we just got our new BJCM too! I love everything about it but the storage - I have to do some experimenting with what kind of diaper bag fits...I tried hanging my bag over the handle but with seat reclined and such a tiny baby it felt tippy.

Can't wait to use this stroller more as my baby grows!!!
    and congrats LadyPeter on your new little one!

For storage, I would recommend mommy hooks - you can also use this to attach a diaper bag if the seat is not reclined. I have a Skip hop via but a dash is good too. You can attach the bag with the shuttle clips when the seat is reclined and it should be fine.
    HTH!
    Anyway, Mommyhooks or Stroller Swivelrs (from babies r us) both work great.
    Also, you'll get used to the basket.

Congrats Lady Peter!

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congratulations! I think the first time to the mall with the stroller is a right of passage. Didn't you get all black BJCM/diaper bag? That's pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by liamsmom View Post
    Congratulations! I think the first time to the mall with the stroller is a right of passage. Didn't you get all black BJCM/diaper bag? That's pretty sweet.
    Yep! All black. We felt pretty chic, I can tell you. A couple of hours at the mall was a good low-key first outing. I did have to turn down a stranger who asked to hold him (?) but other than that things went well.

I love the shuttle clips on the Dash diaper bag, but I was also able to put the Dash in the basket and get it out easily. It wasn't stuffed to capacity, though. I think it's a good stroller/bag combo, if anyone wondered.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

congrats on the baby and new stroller/bag combo. i had both those at once and loved it as well. be careful as the stroller can be a bit tippy fully reclined and with a bag off the handles...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPeter View Post
    I did have to turn down a stranger who asked to hold him (?) but other than that things went well.
    I thought I was the only one getting these ridiculous requests...
    People are strange sometimes...

Oh yeah, do people think???

And when you need someone to hold the baby, like at the airport security when you passed through and have to put on your belt and ergo baby carrier so you can wear the baby and can't possibly do it with one hand, they refuse to hold them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast