Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks all! Catherine and Lhafer thanks so much this looks perfect. The issue with the quest (or the BJCM) IS the push at this weight.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I don't know the prices for the place that was recommended for renting, but I've heard that stroller rental for WDW can be pricey and some people recommend just buying and then reselling your own as being cheaper and more convenient. It's something to consider with Baby Jogger since they have such good resale value.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I don't know the prices for the place that was recommended for renting, but I've heard that stroller rental for WDW can be pricey and some people recommend just buying and then reselling your own as being cheaper and more convenient. It's something to consider with Baby Jogger since they have such good resale value.
    It would be hard to find a Classic unless she can find one used on CL. PishPosh Baby has them, but they are going for $400 for a single.

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/69052.html

Orlando Stroller Rental info:
    Selected Stroller: Classic Single Stroller Rental
    1 - 3 Night Rental: $60.00
    4-7 Night Rental: $80.00
    8-10 Night Rental: $100.00
    11-14 Night Rental: $120.00
    Add Optional Rain Cover For Only $10 Per Stroller
    Add Optional Insurance For Only $25 Per Stroller

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    It would be hard to find a Classic unless she can find one used on CL. PishPosh Baby has them, but they are going for $400 for a single.
    But the Classic is almost identical to the Elite, right? Except that the Elite has a few extra features like the parent console included. I don't know, I guess it depends how long you're going to be there and what price you can find as to whether it is worth buying your own. I bought my Elite for $229 and I'm sure I'll be able to resell for at least $130 (I'm hoping more) so renting for a week wouldn't be cheaper than buying and since she doesn't have an AT stroller she could even keep it for a year or so, enjoy it, and then still sell it for the $130. I don't know what current pricing on the BJCE is like though.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    But really, the seat size and how a stroller pushes with a heavier child in it are more important criteria.
    that's what i'm thinking. i would look for a stroller with a high seat back, lots of head room and leg room and not worry about the weight limit. for his weight (to make the push easier), i think you are going to want larger air tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    But the Classic is almost identical to the Elite, right? Except that the Elite has a few extra features like the parent console included. I don't know, I guess it depends how long you're going to be there and what price you can find as to whether it is worth buying your own. I bought my Elite for $229 and I'm sure I'll be able to resell for at least $130 (I'm hoping more) so renting for a week wouldn't be cheaper than buying and since she doesn't have an AT stroller she could even keep it for a year or so, enjoy it, and then still sell it for the $130. I don't know what current pricing on the BJCE is like though.
    The Elite is a lot like the Classic. They added some features (like the mesh back like the mini, the parent console, etc). But it's 24 pounds, and the Classic is 21 pounds.

To me if I had an older kid (5+years old) that I know I would want a stroller for the parks, but not necessarily need one for the airport - then renting is totally the way to go IMO. No hassle with gate checking and worrying about it getting damaged. With renting you can get the insurance and be totally fine if someone decided they like your stroller better than theirs and takes off with it.

At least that's my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Thanks all! Catherine and Lhafer thanks so much this looks perfect. The issue with the quest (or the BJCM) IS the push at this weight.
    /hillary
    Now that I look back I see you have 2 kiddos. Are you looking for a double for them or 2 singles?

I plan on taking my Classic for our 8 month old, and our Maclaren Volo for my 4.5 year old, and I can attach the Volo to the Classic when it's not going to be in use. That way I won't have an empty stroller to push around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2