Default I think my mirena is slipping..

anyone else had this happen? DH (ahem) thinks the strings feel longer and I feel, well, kinda off hormonally. I'll call the OB in the morning-hopefully they can check it out! And hopefully I am not pregnant. This would be a crazy time to be pregnant-just went to full time night shift and DH doesn NOT get up with babies...

But DD would be a great big sister, lol.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know when you got yours, but I had a similar experience, where I thought mine might have moved out of place because the strings felt significantly longer. This was several months after I had my Mirena placed. Got it checked out by the doc and it was still perfectly in place. She said sometimes the strings are a bit curled up to begin with, and then after it has been in for awhile they kind of relax and unfurl a bit. She also said she initially leaves the strings longer and occasionally she has somebody come back after that relaxation and ask for them to be trimmed shorter b/c they are bothering the partner.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

it's been in 2.5 years, lol....
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post

Go POAS and let us know!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I've got an appointment for this afternoon, hoping everything is OK. And I hope that they don't have to open things back up to put it back in place right-I work tonight and really don't want to be crampy the whole 12 hour shift!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    anyone else had this happen? DH (ahem) thinks the strings feel longer and I feel, well, kinda off hormonally. I'll call the OB in the morning-hopefully they can check it out! And hopefully I am not pregnant. This would be a crazy time to be pregnant-just went to full time night shift and DH doesn NOT get up with babies...

Yeah that's basically why I don't work. Day shift would be too disruptive to the kids & night shift is NOT okay with DH.

all is well the strings had completely disapeared by the time the midwife checked so they did an ultrasound and it's in perfect position. Whew. I'm trying not to think about how fun it will be to have it removed in 2.5 years since they can't find the string. It was such a relief to see the IUD and not anything else, as strange as it is to say that!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Glad you were able to get in quickly and get it checked out and that it's still in there doing its job!
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

Wow - I checked for mine this morning as well and the strings are missing. I wasn't able to get an appt until Monday though.